Gamescom 2014 to Highlight PS4 Games, Guild Wars 2 International All-Stars Tournament and Counter Strike: GO Second Tournament
By Ryan Inoyori | June 24, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Gamescom 2014 will feature new upcoming games for PlayStation 4, according to Sony, the first International All-Stars Tournament for the top "Guild Wars 2" players and "Counterstrike: Global Offensive" second tournament via Electronic Sports League.
Gamescom 2014 Highlights
Gamescom 2014 in August may the next big thing after E3. Gamescom will host for several events including the announcement of upcoming new gaming titles for PlayStation 4 console, first ever International All-Stars tournament for the top players of "Guild Wars 2" and the second tournament for the online tactical shooter "Counter Strike: Global Offensive."
Sony's Upcoming Games for PS4
Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony's Worldwide Studios, shared information about several upcoming keys games in development for the latest PlayStation gaming console and which will be revealed at Gamescom and Tokyo Game Show 2014.
"We have long list of this you know, at the beginning of the year you know we are looking at the things we are making and possibly we can show off at E3, or Gamescom, or TGS. E3 is big and huge and important but we wanted to plan out so that we really have fresh and exciting things to talk about at every single big opportunity, so we have something for Gamescom and TGS," Yoshida shared with the PS Blog, as quoted by Crave Online.
'Guild Wars 2' Tournament at Gamescom
"Guild Wars 2" will have its very first International All-Stars Tournament at Gamescom 2014 starting on Aug 13 to 17. Top players from North America, Europe and China will be participating in the tournament.
The "Guild Wars 2" Team announced over at its official Web site that it will be flying top players from these regions to the game convention to compete against each other. For those who are not participating on the first tournament, Twitch.tv will feature booths for players to enjoy "Guild Wars 2," chat with developers and participate in other activities.
'Counterstrike: Global Offensive' at Gamescom
Organisers from Gamescom 2014 confirmed the second tournament for the tactical shooter game "Counterstrike: Global Offensive."
It will be held on Aug 14 to 17 in Cologne, Germany. The tournament offers a community-funded prize of $250,000. Top eight teams from the previous event held at Spodek Arena in Poland have been invited to participate in the Cologne tournament.
"The biggest gaming event in the world is the perfect place to host the best CS:GO teams from all over the globe and all of us here at ESL are looking very much forward to what Gamescom has to offer," managing director of pro gaming at ESL, Ulrich Schulze, told Polygon.
Eight additional team slots are expected to be filled by regional qualifiers in Australia, Europe and North America.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- Don’t Mess Up Minecraft: Ten Year Old Sabrina Tells Microsoft
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone