4 Reasons Behind Arden Partners’ ‘Buy’ Recommendation for Audioboom Stock
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 24, 2014 3:56 PM EST
Electronic information boards display market information at the London Stock Exchange in the City of London. (Reuters)
In making the recommendation, Arden cited the company being the only social media play that is listed in UK, and despite its limited funding, expanded to over 2.4 million registered users over the years. It stated that Audioboom is set for rapid growth and has a clear monetisation strategy.
There are four main reasons behind the "buy" recommendation and a 14p price target. These are:
- Concentration on spoken word - While most of social media companies focus on music, Audioboom concentrates on the spoken word, which is an open market vs music, which is a crowded market. It permits Audioboom to have a lower cost when acquiring content, and this results in a 68 per cent gross margin projected for financial year 2016. In comparison, Arden estimates Spotify's gross margin for the same period at only 23 per cent, coming mostly from payments to music copyright holders.
- Paid upgrades and revenue share - These two were identified as the company's clear plans to benefit financially from its user base, in contrast to other early social media plays such as Twitter, which does not have a very clear plan of monetising its user base. Arden also pointed to Audioboom's management expertise to achieve its goals and the launch of a new user interface recently signed with high-value content partners as offering a promise to revolutionise the way audio is consumed.
- Attractive consolidation target - Arden said that what is strong about Audioboom's mobile offering is its new app slated to be rolled out in September 2014, making the company a likely consolidation target as the firm puts in place its business plan.
- 14p share target price - Arden explained that it reached that value by taking a 75 per cent discount to the peer group average user value of $100 and using Audioboom's FY 2016 forecast registered user number forecasts and discounting it back at 25 per cent a year. It added that by applying current average user values to the current registered users of 2.4 million yielded a price target of 30p per share.
Audioboom's shares have increased to 5.9p or 293 per cent since its reverse into cash shell One Delta and associated £3.5 million fundraising at 1.5p per share in May.
Because of its Software as a Service platform that allows straightforward upload or download of content, Audioboom has positioned itself as the global leader in spoken audio content.
It has so far 800 providers, including major media companies such as BBC, Guardian, tallSport and Sky Sports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus on the Loose: World Cautioned as Infection Moves; Global Airports on High Alert; Kills Liberian Doctor, Infects American Worker
- Advisory: Britons Told to Leave Libya ASAP, UK Issues Travel Ban
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Multi-Million Pound Law Suit Looms Over Putin’s Head, Assets At Risk
- Magaluf 2014 Update: Spanish Bar Where Teen Performed Sex Acts Closed, to Pay $78K Fine Along with Carnage Event Planner (VIDEOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Russian International Condemnation Extends to 2018 World Cup
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6