Michael Schumacher's Identity At Risk Over Stolen Medical Records; Family to Press Charges, Says Manager Sabine Kehm
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 24, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Formula One Legend Michael Schumacher's identity is at risk after it has been revealed that his medical records are stolen and now up for sale.
Sabine Kehm, Schumacher's manager, made an official statement on June 23 confirming several documents were indeed taken without permission and currently being offered for sale.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
Kehm said the alleged thief claims to have the medical records of Schumacher. But it still unclear whether the perpetrator has the genuine data or not.
"However, the documents are clearly stolen," Kehm noted. She added the crime has already been reported and authorities are now investigating the matter.
Schumacher's management will reportedly press charges against the person who will be caught selling the former seven-time world champion's confidential medical records.
In a news report by Bild, a German news oultlet, the athelete's records were allegedly being offered in various media publications in Germany, England and France.
The seller was asking for a minimum price of 60,000 CHF or equivalent to AU$ 71,000. The medical abstract detailing Schumacher's surgical operation was reportedly one of the documents that were stolen.
Kehm can't help but feel "horrified and disgusted" by such illegal misconduct and urged everyone not to purchase Schumacher's medical data. She expressly pointed out that the medical records as strictly confidential and should not be made available to the public.
"I can only advise strongly not to buy these documents or to publish them," Kehm said.
"We will, of course, be using all available means against it."
It was not revealed how the records were stolen, but police authorities were looking at the possibility that the files may have been copied from a computer in the Grenoble Hospital.
Schumacher was admitted to Grenoble on Dec. 29 after his skiing crash in the slopes of Meribel.
He was treated in Grenoble for more than five months. On June 16, he was transferred to Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois in Lausanne, Switzerland.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks