Rinehart Family Feud Turns for the Worse as John Calls Sister Ginia Moron, Oxygen Thief & Intellectually Disabled
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 24, 2014 2:36 PM EST
The warring Rineharts - Australia's richest family - are at it again as the clan returned on Tuesday, June 24, to court in an attempt to find a trustee for the $5 billion family trust.
News.com.au reported that the feud turned for the worse when John Hancock, who wants his sister Bianca to replace their mum Gina as head of the trust, called his younger sister Ginia a moron, an oxygen thief and intellectually disabled.
Ginia has sided with her mother in the family feud, initiated by her three other siblings, but another sister Hope opted out of the war after she reached a multimillion settlement with her billionaire mum.
News.com.au quoted John as saying, "Tell Ginia to wear a bag over her head to cover up her genetic deficiencies." Previous reports indicated that the Rinehart siblings are jealous of Ginia, who in siding with their mum, got perks, while they are suffering financially after Gina cut them off from receiving monetary support from the family firm.
Asked by the court to comment on John's statement, Bianca said she did not approve of his language, but she defended John whom she said didn't want to see the family wealth "left to someone ... who is not up to it."
Bianca, 37, said Ginia's backing up their mum's recommendation to have an independent trustee appointed instead of her is useless because her youngest sister is "so lost in it."
She warned that having a corporate trustee could place at risk Hancock Prospecting's stake in Hope Downs because the agreement between the family-owned Hancock and mining giant Rio Tinto is that the firm must be owned and controlled by direct descendants of Australia's richest person.
Bianca's lawyers are expected to push that she is qualified to be a trustee since she was a director and employee of Hancock Prospecting and would be guided by expert advice from an accountant or lawyer.
Gina, in turn, has accused Bianca of leaking company documents to John. More on that in this video.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists