Sony Xperia Z2 vs. HTC One M8 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 24, 2014 2:23 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Sony Xperia Z2 or the HTC One M8, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Sony Xperia Z2 comes with a 5.2-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The HTC One M8 comes with a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
Both the devices are about the same in terms of the display. The Xperia Z2 renders a 424 ppi pixel display density compared o the 441 ppi pixel display density in the HTC One M8.
The Sony Xperia Z2 comes with 146.8 x 73.3 x 8.2 mm dimensions and weighs 163 grams. The HTC One M8 comes with 146.4 x 70.6 x 9.4 mm dimensions and weighs 160 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Sony Xperia Z2 is equipped with a 2.3 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The HTC One M8 is equipped with a 2.3 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system. The Sony Xperia Z2 has 3 GB of RAM and the HTC One M8 has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of the computing power, both the devices are about the same with the Xperia Z2 having a slight edge due to a better RAM.
The Sony Xperia Z2 sports a 20.7 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.2 MP. The HTC One M8 sports a 4 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP.
The Sony Xperia Z2 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 19 hours on 3G. The HTC One M8 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 20 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Sony Xperia Z2 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $699.95 and the HTC One M8 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $689.95 in Australia.
LG G3 vs. HTC One M8 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One And PS Vita Updates From Devs, Microsoft CEO Talks About The Buyout
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet