Sony Xperia Z2 vs. HTC One M8 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 24, 2014 2:23 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Sony Xperia Z2 or the HTC One M8, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Sony Xperia Z2 comes with a 5.2-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The HTC One M8 comes with a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
Both the devices are about the same in terms of the display. The Xperia Z2 renders a 424 ppi pixel display density compared o the 441 ppi pixel display density in the HTC One M8.
The Sony Xperia Z2 comes with 146.8 x 73.3 x 8.2 mm dimensions and weighs 163 grams. The HTC One M8 comes with 146.4 x 70.6 x 9.4 mm dimensions and weighs 160 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Sony Xperia Z2 is equipped with a 2.3 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The HTC One M8 is equipped with a 2.3 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system. The Sony Xperia Z2 has 3 GB of RAM and the HTC One M8 has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of the computing power, both the devices are about the same with the Xperia Z2 having a slight edge due to a better RAM.
The Sony Xperia Z2 sports a 20.7 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.2 MP. The HTC One M8 sports a 4 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP.
The Sony Xperia Z2 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 19 hours on 3G. The HTC One M8 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 20 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Sony Xperia Z2 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $699.95 and the HTC One M8 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $689.95 in Australia.
LG G3 vs. HTC One M8 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]