Narendra Modi govt to present Union Budget on July 10, Rail Budget on July 8
By James Kong | June 24, 2014 1:46 PM EST
The new government, led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, will present the Railway Budget on July 8 and the country's Economic Survey on July 9.
Traffic flows in front of Parliament House before the start of monsoon session in New Delhi.
The Budget session of Parliament is scheduled to conclude on Aug. 14, but it could be extended further, the sources said.
India's previous government presented an interim budget for 2014/15 to Parliament on Feb. 17, ahead of national elections to cover expenditure until a new administration was installed.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Boasts Nuclear Missile Trains; 400 Strategic Warheads In Place
- New Zealand Pilot's Mysterious Death Revealed: Aped MH 370 To End His Life
- Russia Responds Angrily to US: War Drums Beat Faster and Louder as Tension Rises
- Canada Updates Millionaire Visa Scheme, Needs 50 Wealthy Immigrants
- Russia Wooing EU Right Wing Parties By Tapping Into Their Discontent Over Brussels Diktats