Sony Xperia M2 vs. Nokia Lumia 625 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 24, 2014 1:43 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Sony Xperia M2 or the Nokia Lumia 625, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/Files
Display and Design
The Sony Xperia M2 comes with a 4.8-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 540 x 960 pixels resolution. The Nokia Lumia 625 comes with a 4.7-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 480 x 800 pixels resolution.
The Xperia M2 has a slight edge in this category with a 229 ppi pixel display density compared to the 199 ppi pixel display density in the Lumia 625.
The Sony Xperia M2 comes with 139.7 x 71.1 x 8.6 mm dimensions and weighs 148 grams. The Nokia Lumia 625 comes with 133.3 x 72.3 x 9.2 mm dimensions and weighs 159 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Sony Xperia M2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia Lumia 625 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8930 Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia M2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The Nokia Lumia 625 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system, which can be upgraded to the WP8 Black version. In terms of computing power, the Xperia M2 has a slight edge over the Lumia 625 due to a better RAM.
The Sony Xperia M2 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera. The Nokia Lumia 625 sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The Sony Xperia M2 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2300 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 14 hours and 36 minutes on 3G or music play of about 58 hours and 25 minutes. The Nokia Lumia 625 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 15 hours and 10 minutes on 3G or music play of about 90 hours.
Price in Australia
The Sony Xperia M2 D2305 is priced at around AU $319.95 and the Nokia Lumia 625 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $229.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans