Sony Xperia M2 vs. Nokia Lumia 625 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 24, 2014 1:43 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Sony Xperia M2 or the Nokia Lumia 625, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/Files
Display and Design
The Sony Xperia M2 comes with a 4.8-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 540 x 960 pixels resolution. The Nokia Lumia 625 comes with a 4.7-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 480 x 800 pixels resolution.
The Xperia M2 has a slight edge in this category with a 229 ppi pixel display density compared to the 199 ppi pixel display density in the Lumia 625.
The Sony Xperia M2 comes with 139.7 x 71.1 x 8.6 mm dimensions and weighs 148 grams. The Nokia Lumia 625 comes with 133.3 x 72.3 x 9.2 mm dimensions and weighs 159 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Sony Xperia M2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia Lumia 625 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8930 Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia M2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The Nokia Lumia 625 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system, which can be upgraded to the WP8 Black version. In terms of computing power, the Xperia M2 has a slight edge over the Lumia 625 due to a better RAM.
The Sony Xperia M2 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera. The Nokia Lumia 625 sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The Sony Xperia M2 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2300 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 14 hours and 36 minutes on 3G or music play of about 58 hours and 25 minutes. The Nokia Lumia 625 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 15 hours and 10 minutes on 3G or music play of about 90 hours.
Price in Australia
The Sony Xperia M2 D2305 is priced at around AU $319.95 and the Nokia Lumia 625 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $229.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Resolve Battery Drain, Random Reboot, Wake Lag and Slow Performance
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More