Nexus 8 Won't Appear at Google I/O But Featured at Another Event; HTC Volantis Sport 64-Bit CPU
By Ryan Inoyori | June 24, 2014 1:40 PM EST
Much awaited Nexus 8 has been claimed not to appear at the Google I/O 2014 according to a source and will be moved to another event later this year while specs of the alleged Nexus 9 leaked out having NVIDA 64-bit processor.
Nexus 8 Won't Appear at Google I/O
A source from PhoneArena claims that Nexus 8 may not appear at Google I/O event this month and expected to be unveiled to a later event this year. The unnamed source did not reveal the truth behind the possibility of Nexus 8 absence at one of the most anticipated tech events of the year or why it is necessary to be moved on a later event.
Google always release a new Nexus device offering the features of the next-generation Android version. Android 4.3 Jelly Bean was launched initially with Nexus 7 2013 while Android 4.4 KitKat was released along with LG Nexus 5 smartphone.
HTC or LG
Rumours are seeing that HTC may release an 8.9 inch tablet and has been dubbed as Nexus 9 or HTC Volantis based on reports from Android Police. It seems like something else is brewing after the announcement of Android Silver plans for 2015 and the recent revelations of LG's Communications director Ken Hong that "there are no Nexus devices in our pipeline."
"We're not really sure what the status of the Nexus program is. We've been hearing a lot of speculation about its future but that's a Google decision, not LG's. As of today, there are no Nexus devices in our immediate pipeline," director Ken Hong statements noted by Android Police.
The statement is somewhat surprising after the LG's commitment and effort on releasing two Nexus smartphone for two consecutive years, availability of LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition and the upcoming Android Wear device called G Watch. Director Ken Hong also replied on regarding future premium devices from Google.
"Google would be in the best position to answer this question since I cannot confirm or deny LG's involvement in any program which to date has only been speculation."
Based on the information gathered by Android Police, HTC Volantis or so-called Nexus 9 features the following technical specifications:
- 8.9 inches of screen display
- 2048 x 1440 resolution and 281 ppi
- 64-bit NVIDIA Logan processor Tegra K1
- 2 GB of RAM
- 16/32 GB internal storage
- 8 MP rear camera with Optical Image Stabilisation module
- 3 MP front camera
- Aluminium zero-gap construction
- Stereo front speakers
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier