Nexus 8 Won't Appear at Google I/O But Featured at Another Event; HTC Volantis Sport 64-Bit CPU
By Ryan Inoyori | June 24, 2014 1:40 PM EST
Much awaited Nexus 8 has been claimed not to appear at the Google I/O 2014 according to a source and will be moved to another event later this year while specs of the alleged Nexus 9 leaked out having NVIDA 64-bit processor.
Nexus 8 Won't Appear at Google I/O
A source from PhoneArena claims that Nexus 8 may not appear at Google I/O event this month and expected to be unveiled to a later event this year. The unnamed source did not reveal the truth behind the possibility of Nexus 8 absence at one of the most anticipated tech events of the year or why it is necessary to be moved on a later event.
Google always release a new Nexus device offering the features of the next-generation Android version. Android 4.3 Jelly Bean was launched initially with Nexus 7 2013 while Android 4.4 KitKat was released along with LG Nexus 5 smartphone.
HTC or LG
Rumours are seeing that HTC may release an 8.9 inch tablet and has been dubbed as Nexus 9 or HTC Volantis based on reports from Android Police. It seems like something else is brewing after the announcement of Android Silver plans for 2015 and the recent revelations of LG's Communications director Ken Hong that "there are no Nexus devices in our pipeline."
"We're not really sure what the status of the Nexus program is. We've been hearing a lot of speculation about its future but that's a Google decision, not LG's. As of today, there are no Nexus devices in our immediate pipeline," director Ken Hong statements noted by Android Police.
The statement is somewhat surprising after the LG's commitment and effort on releasing two Nexus smartphone for two consecutive years, availability of LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition and the upcoming Android Wear device called G Watch. Director Ken Hong also replied on regarding future premium devices from Google.
"Google would be in the best position to answer this question since I cannot confirm or deny LG's involvement in any program which to date has only been speculation."
Based on the information gathered by Android Police, HTC Volantis or so-called Nexus 9 features the following technical specifications:
- 8.9 inches of screen display
- 2048 x 1440 resolution and 281 ppi
- 64-bit NVIDIA Logan processor Tegra K1
- 2 GB of RAM
- 16/32 GB internal storage
- 8 MP rear camera with Optical Image Stabilisation module
- 3 MP front camera
- Aluminium zero-gap construction
- Stereo front speakers
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Resolve Battery Drain, Random Reboot, Wake Lag and Slow Performance
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports