Nexus 8 Won't Appear at Google I/O But Featured at Another Event; HTC Volantis Sport 64-Bit CPU
By Ryan Inoyori | June 24, 2014 1:40 PM EST
Much awaited Nexus 8 has been claimed not to appear at the Google I/O 2014 according to a source and will be moved to another event later this year while specs of the alleged Nexus 9 leaked out having NVIDA 64-bit processor.
Nexus 8 Won't Appear at Google I/O
A source from PhoneArena claims that Nexus 8 may not appear at Google I/O event this month and expected to be unveiled to a later event this year. The unnamed source did not reveal the truth behind the possibility of Nexus 8 absence at one of the most anticipated tech events of the year or why it is necessary to be moved on a later event.
Google always release a new Nexus device offering the features of the next-generation Android version. Android 4.3 Jelly Bean was launched initially with Nexus 7 2013 while Android 4.4 KitKat was released along with LG Nexus 5 smartphone.
HTC or LG
Rumours are seeing that HTC may release an 8.9 inch tablet and has been dubbed as Nexus 9 or HTC Volantis based on reports from Android Police. It seems like something else is brewing after the announcement of Android Silver plans for 2015 and the recent revelations of LG's Communications director Ken Hong that "there are no Nexus devices in our pipeline."
"We're not really sure what the status of the Nexus program is. We've been hearing a lot of speculation about its future but that's a Google decision, not LG's. As of today, there are no Nexus devices in our immediate pipeline," director Ken Hong statements noted by Android Police.
The statement is somewhat surprising after the LG's commitment and effort on releasing two Nexus smartphone for two consecutive years, availability of LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition and the upcoming Android Wear device called G Watch. Director Ken Hong also replied on regarding future premium devices from Google.
"Google would be in the best position to answer this question since I cannot confirm or deny LG's involvement in any program which to date has only been speculation."
Based on the information gathered by Android Police, HTC Volantis or so-called Nexus 9 features the following technical specifications:
- 8.9 inches of screen display
- 2048 x 1440 resolution and 281 ppi
- 64-bit NVIDIA Logan processor Tegra K1
- 2 GB of RAM
- 16/32 GB internal storage
- 8 MP rear camera with Optical Image Stabilisation module
- 3 MP front camera
- Aluminium zero-gap construction
- Stereo front speakers
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools