Nexus 8 Won't Appear at Google I/O But Featured at Another Event; HTC Volantis Sport 64-Bit CPU
By Ryan Inoyori | June 24, 2014 1:40 PM EST
Much awaited Nexus 8 has been claimed not to appear at the Google I/O 2014 according to a source and will be moved to another event later this year while specs of the alleged Nexus 9 leaked out having NVIDA 64-bit processor.
Nexus 8 Won't Appear at Google I/O
A source from PhoneArena claims that Nexus 8 may not appear at Google I/O event this month and expected to be unveiled to a later event this year. The unnamed source did not reveal the truth behind the possibility of Nexus 8 absence at one of the most anticipated tech events of the year or why it is necessary to be moved on a later event.
Google always release a new Nexus device offering the features of the next-generation Android version. Android 4.3 Jelly Bean was launched initially with Nexus 7 2013 while Android 4.4 KitKat was released along with LG Nexus 5 smartphone.
HTC or LG
Rumours are seeing that HTC may release an 8.9 inch tablet and has been dubbed as Nexus 9 or HTC Volantis based on reports from Android Police. It seems like something else is brewing after the announcement of Android Silver plans for 2015 and the recent revelations of LG's Communications director Ken Hong that "there are no Nexus devices in our pipeline."
"We're not really sure what the status of the Nexus program is. We've been hearing a lot of speculation about its future but that's a Google decision, not LG's. As of today, there are no Nexus devices in our immediate pipeline," director Ken Hong statements noted by Android Police.
The statement is somewhat surprising after the LG's commitment and effort on releasing two Nexus smartphone for two consecutive years, availability of LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition and the upcoming Android Wear device called G Watch. Director Ken Hong also replied on regarding future premium devices from Google.
"Google would be in the best position to answer this question since I cannot confirm or deny LG's involvement in any program which to date has only been speculation."
Based on the information gathered by Android Police, HTC Volantis or so-called Nexus 9 features the following technical specifications:
- 8.9 inches of screen display
- 2048 x 1440 resolution and 281 ppi
- 64-bit NVIDIA Logan processor Tegra K1
- 2 GB of RAM
- 16/32 GB internal storage
- 8 MP rear camera with Optical Image Stabilisation module
- 3 MP front camera
- Aluminium zero-gap construction
- Stereo front speakers
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- SIMS 4 Missing Contents To Be Added Via DLC and New Details Unveiled From Livestream
- 5 Free Apps For Smartphones That Can Help Make You Look Beautiful
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide