Nexus 8 Won't Appear at Google I/O But Featured at Another Event; HTC Volantis Sport 64-Bit CPU
By Ryan Inoyori | June 24, 2014 1:40 PM EST
Much awaited Nexus 8 has been claimed not to appear at the Google I/O 2014 according to a source and will be moved to another event later this year while specs of the alleged Nexus 9 leaked out having NVIDA 64-bit processor.
Nexus 8 Won't Appear at Google I/O
A source from PhoneArena claims that Nexus 8 may not appear at Google I/O event this month and expected to be unveiled to a later event this year. The unnamed source did not reveal the truth behind the possibility of Nexus 8 absence at one of the most anticipated tech events of the year or why it is necessary to be moved on a later event.
Google always release a new Nexus device offering the features of the next-generation Android version. Android 4.3 Jelly Bean was launched initially with Nexus 7 2013 while Android 4.4 KitKat was released along with LG Nexus 5 smartphone.
HTC or LG
Rumours are seeing that HTC may release an 8.9 inch tablet and has been dubbed as Nexus 9 or HTC Volantis based on reports from Android Police. It seems like something else is brewing after the announcement of Android Silver plans for 2015 and the recent revelations of LG's Communications director Ken Hong that "there are no Nexus devices in our pipeline."
"We're not really sure what the status of the Nexus program is. We've been hearing a lot of speculation about its future but that's a Google decision, not LG's. As of today, there are no Nexus devices in our immediate pipeline," director Ken Hong statements noted by Android Police.
The statement is somewhat surprising after the LG's commitment and effort on releasing two Nexus smartphone for two consecutive years, availability of LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition and the upcoming Android Wear device called G Watch. Director Ken Hong also replied on regarding future premium devices from Google.
"Google would be in the best position to answer this question since I cannot confirm or deny LG's involvement in any program which to date has only been speculation."
Based on the information gathered by Android Police, HTC Volantis or so-called Nexus 9 features the following technical specifications:
- 8.9 inches of screen display
- 2048 x 1440 resolution and 281 ppi
- 64-bit NVIDIA Logan processor Tegra K1
- 2 GB of RAM
- 16/32 GB internal storage
- 8 MP rear camera with Optical Image Stabilisation module
- 3 MP front camera
- Aluminium zero-gap construction
- Stereo front speakers
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report