Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Updates Mega Sableye Stats and More Mega Evolution Info
By Gel Galang | June 24, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Following the newly released trailer of Mega Sableye, which will be one of the Mega Evolutions coming for "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," Game Freak and The Pokemon Company have released a few more details about the new Pokemon.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 11, 2014.
Battlefield Hardline Beta’s Weapons and Gears Unlocked, Destiny Exclusivity on the PS4 and PS3 Detailed
Samsung News: First 64-Bit Low-end Phone Gets Teased, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Note 3 Gets Software Update
As seen in the trailer, Mega Sableye has jewels for eyes, but this happened because jewels are actually its food source and eating them had turned Mega Sableye's eyes into jewels themselves. Apart from this unique fact, Mega Sableye is rarely seen as it burrows deep in the dark caves.
In addition, people are said to be afraid of looking at Mega Sableye, for fear that their souls will be taken and captured if they look into its eyes, which glitter in the dark. Sableye as a normal Pokemon has the ability for Keen Eye/Stall and is a Darkness Pokemon with Dark/Ghost type.
When it transforms into Mega Sableye, its glittery diamond-like eyes become red. It concentrates its energy into the red jewel found on its chest. The red jewel will increase in size and detach from its body the more energy it gets.
The red jewel also protects Mega Sableye. Its incredible hardness is said to be so impenetrable and no matter what attack a player uses, it won't be able to make a scratch on it.
In terms of Mega Sableye's stats, its Defense and Sp. Attack get a rather big boost, though its Speed decreases perhaps because of its defensive jewel. Its Magic Bounce Ability also allows any moves that affect only the stats or the status to be bounced back to the attacker.
Over at the official "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" Web site, there are already a couple of screenshots featuring Mega Sableye in battle.
Mega Evolutions at Pokemon ORAS: A Deeper Look at Mega Evolutions
Apart from being the anticipated remake of the Hoenn region, "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" is looking to have quite the focus on Mega Evolutions.
In a blog post over at the official "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" Web site, the developer details how Pokemons can actually achieve their Mega Evolution state, as not all Pokemons have this capability. At the same time, there are certain conditions that need to be met, which are just part of the mystery about how this phenomenon manifests.
"Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire tell a grand tale that draws ever closer to the heart of the secrets behind Mega Evolution, said to be the greatest mystery of the Pokemon world!" via the official Web site.
The two main conditions that need to be met as listed in the Web site are as follows:
1. The Trainer's Key Stone, worn on his or her person, must resonate with a Mega Stone held by the Pokemon.
2. There must be a strong bond between the Trainer and the Pokemon.
Note that there are Mega Stones for every Pokemon that has the capability to evolve to a Mega Evolution, with each stone having specific names. To date, 28 Mega Stones have been discovered. But given how The Pokemon Company and Game Freak have deemed it necessary to revisit the Hoenn region in "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," there will surely be more hidden there.
(Credit: YouTube/The Official Pokémon Channel)
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues