Slim 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 with Curved Corners Confirmed for Simultaneous Sept 2014 Release Date – Report
By Erik Pineda | June 24, 2014 1:13 PM EST
The Apple logo is pictured at a retail store in the Marina neighborhood in San Francisco, California April 23, 2014.
Although Bloomberg was not very specific on its new report about the actual iPhone 6 scheduled landfall a few months from now, the publication alluded to a start on mass production by next month or July.
The bold claim, which Bloomberg said is based on information provided by "people familiar with the plans," is in sync with reports that Foxconn and Pegatron are currently on a wholesale recruitment mission to prepare for the commencement of production activities for the iOS 8-powered iPhone 6 in the next few weeks.
"Apple is ramping up on two bigger-screen iPhones ... One model will have a 4.7-inch screen that may be available to ship to retailers around September ... A larger 5.5-inch version is also being prepared for manufacturing and may be available at the same time," said the Bloomberg report.
The same report stressed that its sources specifically requested to stay anonymous.
Apart from boasting of bigger screens, the upcoming devices are also 'confirmed' to sport a new form-factor due to the user of a display technology/material that Bloomberg said is dubbed 2.5 Dimension Glass.
The same material "lets manufacturers taper the edges of the screen where the bezel meets the frame of smartphone," the report explained.
Also, curved display panel will also be introduced in the iPhone 6, which according to experts will give permit Apple engineers to mould the device into a super-thin build profile.
It is understood too that flexible screen on the next iPhone is part of the reason the handset will adopt the rounder corner design.
The two devices will come equipped too with enhanced sensors that are mainly for pressure awareness on various levels.
Prior to the new Bloomberg report, analysts have predicted that only the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will debut in September as the manufacture of its bigger sibling has been hampered by issues on display and battery.
Ming-chi Kuo KGI Securities even stated in an April research note that the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 production glitches will get very serious that the device's planned rollout will be pushed back to January 2015.
But the problems seem to have been resolved and with the latest Bloomberg information, it appears now that the iPhone 6 release date is on course for September 2014, likely in the middle part, and Apple fans can expect to get the two variants at the same time - both coming out of the box in incredibly super-slim build.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510