Veronica Roth Talks Insurgent Cameo; Find Out What Could Have Been the Author’s Divergent Role
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 24, 2014 1:08 PM EST
Fans of "Divergent" may have noticed author Veronica Roth in the hit dystopian movie as a Dauntless faction member where she appears during the zip-line scene with Shailene Woodley (Tris) and Theo James (Four), but apparently there have been other options, as well, as to where the author could have been seen.
Cast members Theo James (R) and Shailene Woodley of the film "Divergent" are interviewed at the 51st annual Publicists Guild Awards in Beverly Hills, California February 28, 2014.
Divergent Series Author Veronica Roth Explains New Book; Talks About Tris and Four Romance [WATCH VIDEO]
‘Insurgent’ Casting News: Rosa Salazar, Keiynan Lonsdale and More to Join Shailene Woodley and Theo James
Though nothing is sure yet, the 25-year-old "Divergent" series author recently revealed that she is hoping that maybe she could get demoted from doing cameo and just become a "regular extra."
"If I could just be in the background without any focus being drawn to me at all, that would be really great," Veronica Roth told Popsugar in a recent interview.
Before the March 21 release of "Divergent," Neil Burger, former director of "Divergent," had spoken to Hypable concerning what could have been Roth's role in the movie.
"[The producers] came to me and they said, where would you want to put Veronica in the movie? And I was like, 'I've got so much that I'm working on for that to be a big thing to think about.' So I said, 'How about we put her on the train for capture the flag?'" Burger told Hypable in an interview
"'No, no, she doesn't want to be that present,' not in a primadonna way, by the way. She's just shy," the producers told Burger. Thinking of another option, the director revealed that he suggested a scene where they would have given her the line "Get ready" before the characters jump, but it appears that it also wouldn't have worked out.
"I said, 'Okay, how about she's the first one through the door at the top of the Hancock building when they run up the stairs to the zip line," the director eventually decided, adding with a laugh that if the scene was good he wouldn't have cared who it was.
Sporting a black getup, Dauntless style, with tattoos on her neck, Veronica Roth can be seen with Woodley and James during the zip-line scene in "Divergent." For the sequel "Insurgent," Roth revealed that nothing has been finalised yet as to which scene she is going to appear, if she indeed makes a cameo.
An official statement was released on Dec 12, 2013 by the official "Divergent" series Facebook account, confirming that the franchise has gotten a new director. Burger still continues to be part of the series as executive producer while Robert Schwentke acts as the new "Insurgent" director.
The sequel "Insurgent," starring Shailene Woodley and Theo James with Kate Winslet, Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Jai Courtney and Zoe Kravitz, all reprising their roles, hits theatres on March 20, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Trystane Martell, Five Things To Know About The Prince Betrothed To Myrcella Baratheon
- ‘Game of Thrones’ ‘A Song of Ice And Fire’ Ending Guessed By Fans, Jon Snow The Final Hero
- 'Insurgent' Movie Plot Details: Ansel Elgort to Darker Role, Relationship With Beatrice to Change
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display