Maria Sharapova Shares Secret to Personal Greatness
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 24, 2014 12:29 PM EST
Maria Sharapova is moving further up the ladder and making headway with her career in the sporting world of tennis. Ten years after winning her first Wimbledon title, Sharapova is on a quest to prove once again that she can win the title and shares her secret to success.
Maria Sharapova of Russia poses with her trophy in the dressing room after winning the women's singles final match against Simona Halep of Romania during the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
According to Sharapova, self-discipline is a major key to personal greatness. She starts her journey to Grand Slam by committing plenty of self-discipline. "It's all about discipline for me, and staying responsible for my schedule," Sharapova told Glamour. "I see the difference in my performance when I splurge, so I really believe in everything in moderation," she added.
Sharapova said that she keeps her body ready by doing a series of intense workouts and adding several routines just to keep it fresh.
The 27-year-old also shares her advice to all Wimbledon wannabes. "Be your own biggest competitor." Sharapova said that anyone who would like to get into tennis should give their best effort with earnestness. "Strive to out-perform yourself every day, but never forget the joy of the game," Sharapova said.
"All of the sweats, aches, discipline, and endurance will all be worth it if you find passion in what you do."
Sharapova will start her 2014 Wimbledon campaign and will be on an attempt to extend her seven-match winning streak against British wildcard Samantha Murray.
Meanwhile, Murray had only won twice in her last 10 matches, but she is ready to take away the victory from the Russian athlete. "I will just go out and play my game," Murray told Express. "I have to go out there to win and try to take something from her." Murray said that she will try her best to play aggressive tennis and to outperform Sharapova. "It's the first round, I've got to go there and see what I can do."
The match takes place on June 24.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate