Maria Sharapova Shares Secret to Personal Greatness
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 24, 2014 12:29 PM EST
Maria Sharapova is moving further up the ladder and making headway with her career in the sporting world of tennis. Ten years after winning her first Wimbledon title, Sharapova is on a quest to prove once again that she can win the title and shares her secret to success.
Maria Sharapova of Russia poses with her trophy in the dressing room after winning the women's singles final match against Simona Halep of Romania during the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
According to Sharapova, self-discipline is a major key to personal greatness. She starts her journey to Grand Slam by committing plenty of self-discipline. "It's all about discipline for me, and staying responsible for my schedule," Sharapova told Glamour. "I see the difference in my performance when I splurge, so I really believe in everything in moderation," she added.
Sharapova said that she keeps her body ready by doing a series of intense workouts and adding several routines just to keep it fresh.
The 27-year-old also shares her advice to all Wimbledon wannabes. "Be your own biggest competitor." Sharapova said that anyone who would like to get into tennis should give their best effort with earnestness. "Strive to out-perform yourself every day, but never forget the joy of the game," Sharapova said.
"All of the sweats, aches, discipline, and endurance will all be worth it if you find passion in what you do."
Sharapova will start her 2014 Wimbledon campaign and will be on an attempt to extend her seven-match winning streak against British wildcard Samantha Murray.
Meanwhile, Murray had only won twice in her last 10 matches, but she is ready to take away the victory from the Russian athlete. "I will just go out and play my game," Murray told Express. "I have to go out there to win and try to take something from her." Murray said that she will try her best to play aggressive tennis and to outperform Sharapova. "It's the first round, I've got to go there and see what I can do."
The match takes place on June 24.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares