Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition vs. iPhone 4S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 24, 2014 12:24 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition or the iPhone 4S, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
The Apple logo is pictured at a retail store in the Marina neighborhood in San Francisco, California April 23, 2014. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini comes with a 4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 480 x 800 pixels resolution. The iPhone 4S comes with a 3.5-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 640 x 960 pixels resolution.
The iPhone 4S is the clear winner in this category with a 330 ppi pixel display density compared to the 233 ppi pixel density on the Galaxy S3 Mini.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini comes with 121.6 x 63 x 9.9 mm dimensions and weighs 112 grams. The iPhone 4S comes with 115.2 x 58.6 x 9.3 mm dimensions and weighs 140 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core cortex A9 processor. It comes in 8 GB and 16 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The iPhone 4S is equipped with a 1 GHz dual core processor and Apple A5 chipset. It comes in 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The iPhone 4S runs on the iOS 5 operating system, which can be upgraded to the iOS 7. The device has 512 MB of RAM. In terms of the computing power the higher RAM of the Galaxy S3 Mini gives it a slight edge over the iPhone 4S.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera. The iPhone 4S sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini comes with a Li-Ion 1500 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 8 hours on 3G or music play of about 57 hours. The iPhone 4S comes with a non-removable Li-Po 1432 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 8 hours or music play of about 40 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition is priced at around AU $249.95. The iPhone 4S 8 GB variant is priced at around AU $459.95, the 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $669.95, the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $689.95 and the 64 GB variant is priced at around AU $709.95 in Australia.
iPhone 6 New Features Rumoured to Include Temperature, Air Pressure, and Altitude Sensors [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles