iPhone 6 on Release Date Confirmed with TouchID, LTE Cat6 Chip as July Mass Production Starts – Reports
By Erik Pineda | June 24, 2014 11:07 AM EST
Screenshot from YouTube Video
iPhone 6 in Sam Beckett's concept video
Meanwhile, volume production for the 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models appears set to start by July this year as CNET reported that key Asian manufacturing partners of Apple are currently on hiring spree.
Ramped up hiring
Foxconn, the same report said, is looking to beef up its workforce by another 100,000 heads purportedly to meet the pent up orders for the next iPhone. The Chinese firm is said to have been the recipient of some 70 per cent of the total iPhone orders this 2014.
Pegatron, another assembler of iPhones and iPads, is also in aggressive recruitment mode as it won the remaining iPhone 6 requirements this year.
CNET said that it sourced its information from the Taiwan-based The Economic Daily News, which added that by next month production activities for the smaller iPhone 6 will commence while assembly for the phablet-size model is scheduled in August.
And as mentioned, the iPhone 6 superb capabilities are gradually firming up with a new report indicating that the Touch ID fingerprint scanner presently exclusive to the iPhone 5S will be generously packaged with the sequel.
The expected improvement is mostly on the biometric reader's hardware, which according to MacRumors will be more durable in the second coming.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company will supply the 2014 Touch ID that will be used not only on the iPhone 6 but also on iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3, which is in line to an earlier forecast issued by Ming-chi Kuo of KGI Securities that states the feature will be an across the board deployment for iOS devices.
Bulk shipments of the Touch ID components are expected to be delivered starting on July, the report said, which is again aligned with the information above that assembly lines for the iPhone 6 will begin to hum and roll in the same month.
Another chip that likely will find its way to the next iPhone is the latest LTE that is referred to as Category 6 version that theoretically will boost the device's wireless broadband speed by up to 300mbps.
According to Apple Insider, this cellular chip is Qualcomm made.
While Apple has yet to confirm, persistent rumours point to a September 2014 release date for the iPhone 6 though some quarters believe that Apple will push for a simultaneous of the 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch models in October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes