Coldplay’s Chris Martin Slams ‘Sunrise’ For Empty Studio During Performance
By Anne Lu | June 24, 2014 10:05 AM EST
Coldplay lead vocalist Chris Martin has slammed “Sunrise” for the band’s lacklustre reception. The British group recorded a segment inside a studio for the Channel 7 breakfast show, and no one was present to enjoy their music.
Chris Martin of Coldplay performs at the MTV Video Music Awards Japan 2014 in Chiba, near Tokyo June 14, 2014. REUTERS/Yuya Shino
According to The Sunday Telegraph, Martin was not pleased at all with the reception they pre-recorded their performance for “Sunrise.”
After Coldplay finished filming three songs on Channel 9’s “The Voice” on Friday night, Martin thanked the crowd for “f****** brilliant for a TV audience.”
He then blasted the morning program, saying, “We filmed for a show called Sunrise today, and there was no one there. We were in a (small) room and frankly we were s*** because of it.”
But according to news.com.au, Martin’s criticism of “Sunrise” might be groundless after all.
The band’s management apparently “insisted on the closed set” for their performance, and has actually banned studio audience from the recording.
“There was nobody in the studio at all except for the crew,” a source told the Web site. “We had suggested bigger venues other than the Martin Place, but they wanted to do it in our studio.”
And as hosts Samantha Armytage and David Koch were in New Zealand during Coldplay’s visit, the producers also pitched other dates for the band’s appearance in the show, but the band’s management remained adamant at their chosen date.
Executive producer Michael Pell said “there are no hard feelings.”
“They did a massive outdoor concert on the steps of the Opera House for us about a year and a half ago, with a thousand viewers in that audience,” he said, adding that Channel 7 “loves” the Grammy Award-winning band.
“It was a throwaway line and there are no hard feelings.”
Coldplay’s “Sunrise” appearance was aired Tuesday morning.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Spoilers: Curly Hair Bachelorette’s Exit In Episode 16, Blake Talks About Laurina And Why He Rubbed His Eye
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown