Coldplay’s Chris Martin Slams ‘Sunrise’ For Empty Studio During Performance
By Anne Lu | June 24, 2014 10:05 AM EST
Coldplay lead vocalist Chris Martin has slammed “Sunrise” for the band’s lacklustre reception. The British group recorded a segment inside a studio for the Channel 7 breakfast show, and no one was present to enjoy their music.
Chris Martin of Coldplay performs at the MTV Video Music Awards Japan 2014 in Chiba, near Tokyo June 14, 2014. REUTERS/Yuya Shino
According to The Sunday Telegraph, Martin was not pleased at all with the reception they pre-recorded their performance for “Sunrise.”
After Coldplay finished filming three songs on Channel 9’s “The Voice” on Friday night, Martin thanked the crowd for “f****** brilliant for a TV audience.”
He then blasted the morning program, saying, “We filmed for a show called Sunrise today, and there was no one there. We were in a (small) room and frankly we were s*** because of it.”
But according to news.com.au, Martin’s criticism of “Sunrise” might be groundless after all.
The band’s management apparently “insisted on the closed set” for their performance, and has actually banned studio audience from the recording.
“There was nobody in the studio at all except for the crew,” a source told the Web site. “We had suggested bigger venues other than the Martin Place, but they wanted to do it in our studio.”
And as hosts Samantha Armytage and David Koch were in New Zealand during Coldplay’s visit, the producers also pitched other dates for the band’s appearance in the show, but the band’s management remained adamant at their chosen date.
Executive producer Michael Pell said “there are no hard feelings.”
“They did a massive outdoor concert on the steps of the Opera House for us about a year and a half ago, with a thousand viewers in that audience,” he said, adding that Channel 7 “loves” the Grammy Award-winning band.
“It was a throwaway line and there are no hard feelings.”
Coldplay’s “Sunrise” appearance was aired Tuesday morning.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools