Grigor Dimitrov Gets Heaps of Praises From GF Maria Sharapova; Russian Tennis Darling Reveals Key to Success in Wimbledon
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 24, 2014 9:33 AM EST
Maria Sharapova seemed completely smitten with boyfriend Bulgarian athlete Grigor Dimitrov that she has nothing to say but praises about him. Sharapova has been in a romantic relationship with Dimitrov for 18 months now and she revealed enthralling compliments for Dimitrov.
Maria Sharapova of Russia kisses the trophy as she poses during the ceremony after defeating Simona Halep of Romania during their women's singles final match to win the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
Sometimes, people in a relationship can get too comfortable with each other. They become more predictable and their relationship gets monotonous and uninteresting. However, Sharapova has reasons that are compelling enough to make her stay in a relationship with Dimitrov.
"He's so talented out on the court and so smart at what he does," Sharapova told CNN. "It's really inspiring to watch him play, even when he doesn't have a good day and loses, I am really inspired by what he is able to produce out there," Sharapova added.
According to 27-year-old Russian athlete, she enjoys watching him play and so does he. Sharapova said that she is appreciative of the fact that she has someone who knows what it's like to suffer tough or good days in the tennis court. "It is always nice to have good company, that understands what you go through, the tough and the good."
"To be able to share that, I am certainly lucky."
Sharapova's currently participating in the Wimbledon tournament which starts on June 23. She also celebrates that 10-year anniversary of her first Wimbledon victory and first Grand Slam title. Fresh from her 2014 French Open victory, Sharapova said in an interview that she is looking forward for the event. She said that her motivation and drive have not changed in the last decade. Just because she just won a Grand Slam doesn't mean that she needs to be complacent.
"I don't like to come in the tournament thinking, I just won a Grand Slam."
"I like to challenge myself and be hungry."
Sharapova further uttered that the key to her success in 2014 Wimbledon championships is to ensure that her body is healthy. She doesn't want to repeat the same mistakes she committed in 2013 when she was upset by Michelle Larcher de Brito in the second round.
"That's just an important factor, to make sure my shoulder, my body recovers from match to match here."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28