Grigor Dimitrov Gets Heaps of Praises From GF Maria Sharapova; Russian Tennis Darling Reveals Key to Success in Wimbledon
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 24, 2014 9:33 AM EST
Maria Sharapova seemed completely smitten with boyfriend Bulgarian athlete Grigor Dimitrov that she has nothing to say but praises about him. Sharapova has been in a romantic relationship with Dimitrov for 18 months now and she revealed enthralling compliments for Dimitrov.
Maria Sharapova of Russia kisses the trophy as she poses during the ceremony after defeating Simona Halep of Romania during their women's singles final match to win the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
Sometimes, people in a relationship can get too comfortable with each other. They become more predictable and their relationship gets monotonous and uninteresting. However, Sharapova has reasons that are compelling enough to make her stay in a relationship with Dimitrov.
"He's so talented out on the court and so smart at what he does," Sharapova told CNN. "It's really inspiring to watch him play, even when he doesn't have a good day and loses, I am really inspired by what he is able to produce out there," Sharapova added.
According to 27-year-old Russian athlete, she enjoys watching him play and so does he. Sharapova said that she is appreciative of the fact that she has someone who knows what it's like to suffer tough or good days in the tennis court. "It is always nice to have good company, that understands what you go through, the tough and the good."
"To be able to share that, I am certainly lucky."
Sharapova's currently participating in the Wimbledon tournament which starts on June 23. She also celebrates that 10-year anniversary of her first Wimbledon victory and first Grand Slam title. Fresh from her 2014 French Open victory, Sharapova said in an interview that she is looking forward for the event. She said that her motivation and drive have not changed in the last decade. Just because she just won a Grand Slam doesn't mean that she needs to be complacent.
"I don't like to come in the tournament thinking, I just won a Grand Slam."
"I like to challenge myself and be hungry."
Sharapova further uttered that the key to her success in 2014 Wimbledon championships is to ensure that her body is healthy. She doesn't want to repeat the same mistakes she committed in 2013 when she was upset by Michelle Larcher de Brito in the second round.
"That's just an important factor, to make sure my shoulder, my body recovers from match to match here."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet