Grigor Dimitrov Gets Heaps of Praises From GF Maria Sharapova; Russian Tennis Darling Reveals Key to Success in Wimbledon
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 24, 2014 9:33 AM EST
Maria Sharapova seemed completely smitten with boyfriend Bulgarian athlete Grigor Dimitrov that she has nothing to say but praises about him. Sharapova has been in a romantic relationship with Dimitrov for 18 months now and she revealed enthralling compliments for Dimitrov.
Maria Sharapova of Russia kisses the trophy as she poses during the ceremony after defeating Simona Halep of Romania during their women's singles final match to win the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
Sometimes, people in a relationship can get too comfortable with each other. They become more predictable and their relationship gets monotonous and uninteresting. However, Sharapova has reasons that are compelling enough to make her stay in a relationship with Dimitrov.
"He's so talented out on the court and so smart at what he does," Sharapova told CNN. "It's really inspiring to watch him play, even when he doesn't have a good day and loses, I am really inspired by what he is able to produce out there," Sharapova added.
According to 27-year-old Russian athlete, she enjoys watching him play and so does he. Sharapova said that she is appreciative of the fact that she has someone who knows what it's like to suffer tough or good days in the tennis court. "It is always nice to have good company, that understands what you go through, the tough and the good."
"To be able to share that, I am certainly lucky."
Sharapova's currently participating in the Wimbledon tournament which starts on June 23. She also celebrates that 10-year anniversary of her first Wimbledon victory and first Grand Slam title. Fresh from her 2014 French Open victory, Sharapova said in an interview that she is looking forward for the event. She said that her motivation and drive have not changed in the last decade. Just because she just won a Grand Slam doesn't mean that she needs to be complacent.
"I don't like to come in the tournament thinking, I just won a Grand Slam."
"I like to challenge myself and be hungry."
Sharapova further uttered that the key to her success in 2014 Wimbledon championships is to ensure that her body is healthy. She doesn't want to repeat the same mistakes she committed in 2013 when she was upset by Michelle Larcher de Brito in the second round.
"That's just an important factor, to make sure my shoulder, my body recovers from match to match here."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Manchester United Defender Phil Jones Fit To Play Versus Everton
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build