Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners-Linked Milan Striker Might be Sold, Says Club Vice-President
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 23, 2014 11:19 PM EST
AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli, who is heavily linked with Premier League giants Arsenal, might be shipped out of Italy's economic capital, according to club vice-president Barbara Berlusconi.
“We will see what happens, but I don't believe that someone can be irreplaceable.” Barbara Berlusconi on Mario Balotelli
The 23-year-old found his scoring form with the Rossoneri following controversy-ridden stints with Inter and Manchester City, tallying 18 goals and 8 assists in all competitions, while securing the winner for the Azzurri in their first match in the ongoing World Cup.
"We will see what happens, but I don't believe that someone can be irreplaceable," Berlusconi spoke of Balotelli's situation at the San Siro.
The Serie A outfit are looking to recoup the £21million that they have spent for bringing in the Italian international, but his suggested price-tag of £26million can only rise after the quadrennial tournament in Brazil, since he is considered to be one of the core players.
The Gunners, meanwhile, must exert effort, financially, in order to convince Milan that the former Lumezzane man should belong at north London.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier