Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners-Linked Milan Striker Might be Sold, Says Club Vice-President
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 23, 2014 11:19 PM EST
AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli, who is heavily linked with Premier League giants Arsenal, might be shipped out of Italy's economic capital, according to club vice-president Barbara Berlusconi.
“We will see what happens, but I don't believe that someone can be irreplaceable.” Barbara Berlusconi on Mario Balotelli
The 23-year-old found his scoring form with the Rossoneri following controversy-ridden stints with Inter and Manchester City, tallying 18 goals and 8 assists in all competitions, while securing the winner for the Azzurri in their first match in the ongoing World Cup.
"We will see what happens, but I don't believe that someone can be irreplaceable," Berlusconi spoke of Balotelli's situation at the San Siro.
The Serie A outfit are looking to recoup the £21million that they have spent for bringing in the Italian international, but his suggested price-tag of £26million can only rise after the quadrennial tournament in Brazil, since he is considered to be one of the core players.
The Gunners, meanwhile, must exert effort, financially, in order to convince Milan that the former Lumezzane man should belong at north London.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider
- Hamburg Musician Sascha Herchenbach Pays Tribute To Michael Schumacher