Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners-Linked Milan Striker Might be Sold, Says Club Vice-President
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 23, 2014 11:19 PM EST
AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli, who is heavily linked with Premier League giants Arsenal, might be shipped out of Italy's economic capital, according to club vice-president Barbara Berlusconi.
“We will see what happens, but I don't believe that someone can be irreplaceable.” Barbara Berlusconi on Mario Balotelli
The 23-year-old found his scoring form with the Rossoneri following controversy-ridden stints with Inter and Manchester City, tallying 18 goals and 8 assists in all competitions, while securing the winner for the Azzurri in their first match in the ongoing World Cup.
"We will see what happens, but I don't believe that someone can be irreplaceable," Berlusconi spoke of Balotelli's situation at the San Siro.
The Serie A outfit are looking to recoup the £21million that they have spent for bringing in the Italian international, but his suggested price-tag of £26million can only rise after the quadrennial tournament in Brazil, since he is considered to be one of the core players.
The Gunners, meanwhile, must exert effort, financially, in order to convince Milan that the former Lumezzane man should belong at north London.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million