8 Things You Should Know About Amazon Fire Phone
By Naveena Joy | June 23, 2014 10:55 PM EST
Amazon's Fire Phone, the company's first handset, is set for release on July 25. With this milestone, techradar listed certain features to give a better understanding about the phone.
An Amazon representative shows off the 3D map features of the company's new Fire smartphone at the company's campus in Seattle, Washington June 18, 2014. Amazon.com Inc's new cellphone seeks to offer shoppers instant gratification by recognizing thousands of products, television shows and songs and allowing users to immediately buy them - on the e-commerce giant's own site, of course.
Fire Phone cost starts at $199 or AU$213 for 32 GB, which includes a two-year agreement with exclusive carrier AT&T. But it is expensive at $649 or AU$691 if the contract is avoided. Similarly, the 64 GB version runs $299.99 or AU$320 on contract and $749.99 or AU$798 without the contract.
Currently, Fire Phone is available for the U.S. customers only. They can pre-order from the Amazon's Web site but the product will only be delivered by July 25. But it is unclear when the phone will be available worldwide.
The phone has a Firefly button placed on the lefthand side of the device. When pressed, the user can easily identify things like the number of products sold by Amazon. It can recognize 245,000 movies and TV episodes along with 160 live television channels and 35 million songs from the Amazon music.
Fire Phone comes with a custom-designed sensor system called Dynamic Perspective, which responds to the user's action and motion. Instead of tapping on apps, the menus and shortcuts can be called up without touching the screen.
Amazon's device customer service Mayday is included in the Fire Phone which provides free, live tech support in 15 seconds or less. Mayday executive is available 24 hours x 7 days without any appointment. As part of AT&T partnership, Mayday support will also be in 4G LTE cellular network with normal data charges.
Amazon's camera moves ahead of Samsung and Apple as it includes the feature of optical image stabilization with 13 MP image sensor at the back that produces "crisp, beautiful images" and 1080p HD video. The phone has a 2.1 MP front camera long with four low-power infrared cameras at each corner. Amazon provides free, unlimited cloud storage for full resolution pictures with automatic video backup.
Apps And Games
Fire Phone offers Amazon's own built-in apps, which include Messaging, Maps, Weather and along with more than 240,000 titles available from the App Store.
The phone runs with 2.2 GHz quadcore Snapdragon 800 processor with 2 GB RAM with 330 graphics for fluid video and gaming playback. It is 4.7-inch HD with ultra bright display and promises 22 hours of talk time, 285 hours of standby, 65 hours of audio or 11 hours of video playback.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet