Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and Black Mini LTE Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Guide
By Precious Silva | June 23, 2014 10:24 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and S4 Mini LTE users can now update their devices to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Verizon has started rolling out the firmware for its Galaxy S4 Mini subscribers whereas the official OTA update for Black Edition of Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 has also been released. As with other roll outs of Samsung, Verizon and other networks, release will be carried out in stages allowing some users to upgrade sooner or later than others.
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
For Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Verizon subscribers, there should be a notification about the firmware. Check the notification bar for any updates. As mentioned, Verizon roll out of the release comes in stages so there may be subscribers who have not received the prompt yet. To proceed with upgrade, users only need to tap the system update message. There will be instructions provided.
If there is no system update notification, users can check for the firmware manually. To do this, go to Settings > More > About phone > Software updates > Check for software updates. Another method is to connect the device to the computer and check for the update manually through Samsung KIES.
According to the document published by Verizon, Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Android 4.4.2 update goes by build number KOT49H.I435VRUBND5. The firmware offers a number of features such as Photos apps in place of Google+ Photos, Hangouts SMS integration, Play Newsstand in place of Play Magazine, cloud printing and new UI design. The update also brings color emoji support, full screen album art, white status bar icons and lock screen camera shortcut. The update also features Verizon Cloud and Emergency Alerts.
Samsung has also been gearing up for the release of the Android 4.4.3 to Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 3. According to GSM Arena, a leaked document hints that Samsung is almost done in preparing the update for both Snapdragon and Exynos versions of the Samsung Galaxy S5. The Note 3 should come soon as well. Roll out should be around the end of the month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues