'Orange is the New Black' Season 3 to Introduce Mom of 'Least Lovable Character' [SPOILER]
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 23, 2014 7:37 PM EST
Mary Steenburgen recently took to Twitter to reveal that she is set to appear in "Orange Is the New Black" Season 3. The tweet, which has since been deleted, trigged speculations about her role. It is now confirmed that Steenburgen will be appearing as someone's mom in the upcoming new season.
REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni (UNITED
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
Steenburgen will be seen playing mother to the character of George 'Pornstache' Mendez, according to TV Line. The report says that the actress has been given the "unfortunate task of loving one of the Netflix comedy's least lovable characters." Pablo Schreiber plays Pornstache.
"Very excited to go to my first wardrobe fitting of OITNB! Will I be in orange or black?:)," Stenburgen had tweeted.
Meanwhile, Alex Vause, who plays Lauar Prepon, is returning as series regular in Season 3. She will be seen in all the episodes of the new season unlike Season 2. She was seen only in a limited number of episodes in "Orange is the New Black" Season 2. In the Season finale, Vause's parole officer caught her with a gun. This might speed her walk back to Litchfield prison and re-unite her with Piper Chapman.
Also, Dascha Polanco, who plays Daya, Yael Stone, who plays Lorna Morello, Samira Wiley, who plays Poussey Washington, and Adrienne C. Moore, who plays Black Cindy, have been promoted and will be appearing as series regular in the third installment of "Orange is the New Black."
"Orange is the New Black" recently won the best comedy series award at the Critics' Choice Television Awards 2014, beating the hugely popular CBS' "The Big Bang Theory." Kate Mulgrew, who plays Galina "Red" Reznikov in the show, bagged the award for the best supporting actress in a comedy series. Mulgrew shared the award with Allison Janney of CBS' "Mom." And, Uzo Aduba, who plays Suzanne "Crazy Eyes" Warren in "Orange is the New Black," won the best guest performer in a comedy series.
The team of "Orange is the New Black" is currently filming Season 3. Netflix released all the episodes of Season 2 of its original drama-comedy series on June 06, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best