'Orange is the New Black' Season 3 to Introduce Mom of 'Least Lovable Character' [SPOILER]
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 23, 2014 7:37 PM EST
Mary Steenburgen recently took to Twitter to reveal that she is set to appear in "Orange Is the New Black" Season 3. The tweet, which has since been deleted, trigged speculations about her role. It is now confirmed that Steenburgen will be appearing as someone's mom in the upcoming new season.
REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni (UNITED
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
Steenburgen will be seen playing mother to the character of George 'Pornstache' Mendez, according to TV Line. The report says that the actress has been given the "unfortunate task of loving one of the Netflix comedy's least lovable characters." Pablo Schreiber plays Pornstache.
"Very excited to go to my first wardrobe fitting of OITNB! Will I be in orange or black?:)," Stenburgen had tweeted.
Meanwhile, Alex Vause, who plays Lauar Prepon, is returning as series regular in Season 3. She will be seen in all the episodes of the new season unlike Season 2. She was seen only in a limited number of episodes in "Orange is the New Black" Season 2. In the Season finale, Vause's parole officer caught her with a gun. This might speed her walk back to Litchfield prison and re-unite her with Piper Chapman.
Also, Dascha Polanco, who plays Daya, Yael Stone, who plays Lorna Morello, Samira Wiley, who plays Poussey Washington, and Adrienne C. Moore, who plays Black Cindy, have been promoted and will be appearing as series regular in the third installment of "Orange is the New Black."
"Orange is the New Black" recently won the best comedy series award at the Critics' Choice Television Awards 2014, beating the hugely popular CBS' "The Big Bang Theory." Kate Mulgrew, who plays Galina "Red" Reznikov in the show, bagged the award for the best supporting actress in a comedy series. Mulgrew shared the award with Allison Janney of CBS' "Mom." And, Uzo Aduba, who plays Suzanne "Crazy Eyes" Warren in "Orange is the New Black," won the best guest performer in a comedy series.
The team of "Orange is the New Black" is currently filming Season 3. Netflix released all the episodes of Season 2 of its original drama-comedy series on June 06, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report