'Orange is the New Black' Season 3 to Introduce Mom of 'Least Lovable Character' [SPOILER]
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 23, 2014 7:37 PM EST
Mary Steenburgen recently took to Twitter to reveal that she is set to appear in "Orange Is the New Black" Season 3. The tweet, which has since been deleted, trigged speculations about her role. It is now confirmed that Steenburgen will be appearing as someone's mom in the upcoming new season.
REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni (UNITED
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
Steenburgen will be seen playing mother to the character of George 'Pornstache' Mendez, according to TV Line. The report says that the actress has been given the "unfortunate task of loving one of the Netflix comedy's least lovable characters." Pablo Schreiber plays Pornstache.
"Very excited to go to my first wardrobe fitting of OITNB! Will I be in orange or black?:)," Stenburgen had tweeted.
Meanwhile, Alex Vause, who plays Lauar Prepon, is returning as series regular in Season 3. She will be seen in all the episodes of the new season unlike Season 2. She was seen only in a limited number of episodes in "Orange is the New Black" Season 2. In the Season finale, Vause's parole officer caught her with a gun. This might speed her walk back to Litchfield prison and re-unite her with Piper Chapman.
Also, Dascha Polanco, who plays Daya, Yael Stone, who plays Lorna Morello, Samira Wiley, who plays Poussey Washington, and Adrienne C. Moore, who plays Black Cindy, have been promoted and will be appearing as series regular in the third installment of "Orange is the New Black."
"Orange is the New Black" recently won the best comedy series award at the Critics' Choice Television Awards 2014, beating the hugely popular CBS' "The Big Bang Theory." Kate Mulgrew, who plays Galina "Red" Reznikov in the show, bagged the award for the best supporting actress in a comedy series. Mulgrew shared the award with Allison Janney of CBS' "Mom." And, Uzo Aduba, who plays Suzanne "Crazy Eyes" Warren in "Orange is the New Black," won the best guest performer in a comedy series.
The team of "Orange is the New Black" is currently filming Season 3. Netflix released all the episodes of Season 2 of its original drama-comedy series on June 06, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast