Apple's iPad Air 2 Confirmed Features through Leaked Photos Challenge Samsung Galaxy Tab S Opportunities
By Precious Silva | June 23, 2014 7:09 PM EST
Apple and Samsung's rivalry continues as both companies work on releasing tablet and smartphone offerings. This time as Apple prepares for the release of the iPad Air 2, the company will challenge upcoming and current offerings of Samsung. The Korean tech giant has been gearing up for the release of the Galaxy Tab S offering a combination of smartphone and tablet experience but can it offer a better alternative as the iPad Air 2? The iPad Air 2 series will reportedly come with a major design tweaks including slimmer build for enhanced portability.
Apple Inc CEO Tim Cook speaks about the new iPad Air and the iPad mini with Retnia display during an Apple event in San Francisco, California October 22, 2013.
Despite months before the expected release, details about the iPad Air started emerging already. According to Phone Arena, the series may come either as the iPad Air 2 or the iPad 6 but it appears the recently leaked photos indicate the device will feature the Touch ID fingerprint scanner. The device will also sport a re-designed speaker grille with rescaled volume buttons. According to Geeky Gadgets, the same design may also find its way to the iPad Mini 3. The following sections provide a breakdown of what people can expect from Apple and Samsung's tablets.
For leaked photos of the iPad Air 2, click here.
According to Christian Today, Apple's iPad Air 2 will reportedly feature a 9.7-inch screen plus 2K display resolution. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 version, on other hand, features a Super AMOLED screen offering 2,560 x 1,600.
The iPad Air 2 will feature the next generation A8 processor based on Apple's 64-bit structure. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 is available in: Snapdragon 800, quad-core Krait 400 clocked at 2.3GHz with 3GB RAM for the LTE edition and Exynos Octa 5422 quad-core Cortex-A15 clocked at 1.9GHz, quad-core Cortex-A7 at 1.3GHz including Mali-T628 MP6 GPU and 3GB RAM for the WiFi edition.
The iPad Air 2 will be running on iOS 8 which reportedly has multi-window support allowing users to multitask similar to the Android feature. Samsung went for the Android 4.4 KitKat with its Galaxy Tab S.
If recent reports were to be believed then Apple has secured sapphire materials to produce its upcoming products. It is not clear yet if it will push through with a sapphire-based iPad but if it will then people can expect a super tough display on the next tablet series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell