Anderson Silva Spars for the First Time; Dances on His Once-Injured Leg
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 23, 2014 5:09 PM EST
Six months following his leg injury, a video of Anderson Silva engaged in a mock combat with his coach is making rounds on social media. The video also shows Silva dancing on his once-injured leg showing everyone that his pins are now fully functional. Is Silva ready for a comeback in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)?
MMA: UFC 168-Weidman vs Silva
The video was posted in YouTube on June 22. It was a couple of days after it was announced that Silva has already been given a sparring clearance by his doctors. Silva was reportedly training Team Nogueira in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
According to the Brazilian mixed martial artist as translated by Zona de Ataque, he feels fine and he knows that he will be better soon. However, Silva revealed that his training is still limited. He said he cannot kick or jump and there are things that he is not allowed to do.
As far as his comeback in the UFC is concerned, Silva said that fans will not be seeing him fight in the octagon ring in 2014. He targets a return in the UFC in 2015. "Next year," said Silva.
"I'm coming soon."
"I'm in my country, in my home, in Team Nogueira."
Silva even showed the funny side of him when he started dancing on his once-injured leg.
Silva also imparted a message that he will never give up and he will never cease in trying to achieve great things in his sports. "Quitting is taking an eternal defeat, and in the Team Nogueira, we never give up."
"Strength, honour, and determination are fundamental. Here at Team Nogueira, we are a family, ready and determined to do that. We never give up and never surrender."
Silva's physician Dr. Marcio Tannure told MMA Fighting that the Brazilian mixed martial artist is doing great with his recovery, but a UFC return is still undecided. "Now we have to work on his mind and get rid of the mental block." Dr. Tannure said that Silva is the only one who can decides when he will make a comeback in the octagon ring, but it won't be happening anytime just yet.
"It's not at the moment, and he's the one that is going to feel it."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Mayweather Jr. Responds To 2015 Super Fight Talks; American Bashes Pacquiao With Social Media Video Post of Marquez's KO
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast