Anderson Silva Spars for the First Time; Dances on His Once-Injured Leg
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 23, 2014 5:09 PM EST
Six months following his leg injury, a video of Anderson Silva engaged in a mock combat with his coach is making rounds on social media. The video also shows Silva dancing on his once-injured leg showing everyone that his pins are now fully functional. Is Silva ready for a comeback in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)?
MMA: UFC 168-Weidman vs Silva
The video was posted in YouTube on June 22. It was a couple of days after it was announced that Silva has already been given a sparring clearance by his doctors. Silva was reportedly training Team Nogueira in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
According to the Brazilian mixed martial artist as translated by Zona de Ataque, he feels fine and he knows that he will be better soon. However, Silva revealed that his training is still limited. He said he cannot kick or jump and there are things that he is not allowed to do.
As far as his comeback in the UFC is concerned, Silva said that fans will not be seeing him fight in the octagon ring in 2014. He targets a return in the UFC in 2015. "Next year," said Silva.
"I'm coming soon."
"I'm in my country, in my home, in Team Nogueira."
Silva even showed the funny side of him when he started dancing on his once-injured leg.
Silva also imparted a message that he will never give up and he will never cease in trying to achieve great things in his sports. "Quitting is taking an eternal defeat, and in the Team Nogueira, we never give up."
"Strength, honour, and determination are fundamental. Here at Team Nogueira, we are a family, ready and determined to do that. We never give up and never surrender."
Silva's physician Dr. Marcio Tannure told MMA Fighting that the Brazilian mixed martial artist is doing great with his recovery, but a UFC return is still undecided. "Now we have to work on his mind and get rid of the mental block." Dr. Tannure said that Silva is the only one who can decides when he will make a comeback in the octagon ring, but it won't be happening anytime just yet.
"It's not at the moment, and he's the one that is going to feel it."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers