Anderson Silva Spars for the First Time; Dances on His Once-Injured Leg
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 23, 2014 5:09 PM EST
Six months following his leg injury, a video of Anderson Silva engaged in a mock combat with his coach is making rounds on social media. The video also shows Silva dancing on his once-injured leg showing everyone that his pins are now fully functional. Is Silva ready for a comeback in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)?
MMA: UFC 168-Weidman vs Silva
The video was posted in YouTube on June 22. It was a couple of days after it was announced that Silva has already been given a sparring clearance by his doctors. Silva was reportedly training Team Nogueira in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
According to the Brazilian mixed martial artist as translated by Zona de Ataque, he feels fine and he knows that he will be better soon. However, Silva revealed that his training is still limited. He said he cannot kick or jump and there are things that he is not allowed to do.
As far as his comeback in the UFC is concerned, Silva said that fans will not be seeing him fight in the octagon ring in 2014. He targets a return in the UFC in 2015. "Next year," said Silva.
"I'm coming soon."
"I'm in my country, in my home, in Team Nogueira."
Silva even showed the funny side of him when he started dancing on his once-injured leg.
Silva also imparted a message that he will never give up and he will never cease in trying to achieve great things in his sports. "Quitting is taking an eternal defeat, and in the Team Nogueira, we never give up."
"Strength, honour, and determination are fundamental. Here at Team Nogueira, we are a family, ready and determined to do that. We never give up and never surrender."
Silva's physician Dr. Marcio Tannure told MMA Fighting that the Brazilian mixed martial artist is doing great with his recovery, but a UFC return is still undecided. "Now we have to work on his mind and get rid of the mental block." Dr. Tannure said that Silva is the only one who can decides when he will make a comeback in the octagon ring, but it won't be happening anytime just yet.
"It's not at the moment, and he's the one that is going to feel it."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup