Kim Kardashian, Kanye Draw Flak Allowing Baby North to Fly Alone Across the Country
By Annie Dee | June 23, 2014 4:45 PM EST
After being criticized for piercing their baby daughter's ears too young, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are now being criticized for letting their just-turned a year old daughter, North West fly across the country on her own or at least, without her parents by her side!
TV personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West arrive at a fashion designer workshop in Paris May 21, 2014. U.S. television personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West will celebrate their wedding in Florence on May 24, an official from the mayor's office confirmed on Friday. REUTERS/Gonzalo Fuentes
TMZ first reported that Kim Kardashian allowed her 1-year old to fly from NYC to LA. However, she did not fly with any of her parents. Even though she flew first class, she was only with a host of nannies, an assistant, a nurse, and a security guard. The closest thing to a family member she had with her was Kanye's aunt. After flying without her parents, she was whisked off the plane by Delta personnel and brought home through a Porsche Panamera waiting for her on the tarmac.
Kanye West reportedly flew to Miama from France while Kim went to France from New York. As such, Baby North needed to fly to LA alone. This decision to let her fly alone does not sit well for the public. According to Hollywood Life, Baby North should not have been allowed to board that plane because it can be "extremely dangerous for such a small baby to by flying without her parents"
The interesting thing here is that according to Hollywood Life, both Kim and Khloe flew into LAX othe very same day so it would made more sense if North just waited for either of them to fly with one of them.
While Baby North arrived at Los Angeles safe and sound, this says a lot about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's parenting skills and their obvious priority for their careers and personal affairs. Hollywood Life added that "their child and her safety should always come before" all these.
This also caught the ire of Twitter critics, who made up various nicknames for baby Nori following the incident such as "Norphan" and "Ignori". Other tweets criticizing Kim and Kanye and reported by Jade African are:
"Where's you're f*cking prop . . err I mean kid? #IgNori #Norphan #WorstMotherEver #BesidesKrisIMean"
"I feel bad for North #ignori, Baby is not a photo-op. Must b nice 2 pay sitters to watch child except for when it's convenient."
"How come Kim is never with her daughter #ignori."
This is not the first time that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's parenting skills are put under fire. They were also dissed for gifting diamond earrings on her first birthday and having her ears pierced so early. While other cultures will not think this is a big deal, it is on the United States.
Kim Kardashian may want to raise Baby North independent and capable though. According to her interview with Mail Online at an event in Cannes, France, "I'm really fun and playful, but I'm really strict on nap time, and sleeping in her own crib," she says.
Kim Kardashian also told Radar Online how important she thinks it is to have time for herself so that she can avoid a balanced life
She shared, "I make sure I do take time for myself: I have lunches with my girlfriends, and do things that are important. Sometimes I see a lot of my friends just get taken over by their kids and their life, and that's great, but if you don't spend a little bit of time - whether it's two hours a day, or one day a week to visit with your friends ... it really helps a lot."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People