Kim Kardashian, Kanye Draw Flak Allowing Baby North to Fly Alone Across the Country
By Annie Dee | June 23, 2014 4:45 PM EST
After being criticized for piercing their baby daughter's ears too young, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are now being criticized for letting their just-turned a year old daughter, North West fly across the country on her own or at least, without her parents by her side!
TV personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West arrive at a fashion designer workshop in Paris May 21, 2014. U.S. television personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West will celebrate their wedding in Florence on May 24, an official from the mayor's office confirmed on Friday. REUTERS/Gonzalo Fuentes
TMZ first reported that Kim Kardashian allowed her 1-year old to fly from NYC to LA. However, she did not fly with any of her parents. Even though she flew first class, she was only with a host of nannies, an assistant, a nurse, and a security guard. The closest thing to a family member she had with her was Kanye's aunt. After flying without her parents, she was whisked off the plane by Delta personnel and brought home through a Porsche Panamera waiting for her on the tarmac.
Kanye West reportedly flew to Miama from France while Kim went to France from New York. As such, Baby North needed to fly to LA alone. This decision to let her fly alone does not sit well for the public. According to Hollywood Life, Baby North should not have been allowed to board that plane because it can be "extremely dangerous for such a small baby to by flying without her parents"
The interesting thing here is that according to Hollywood Life, both Kim and Khloe flew into LAX othe very same day so it would made more sense if North just waited for either of them to fly with one of them.
While Baby North arrived at Los Angeles safe and sound, this says a lot about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's parenting skills and their obvious priority for their careers and personal affairs. Hollywood Life added that "their child and her safety should always come before" all these.
This also caught the ire of Twitter critics, who made up various nicknames for baby Nori following the incident such as "Norphan" and "Ignori". Other tweets criticizing Kim and Kanye and reported by Jade African are:
"Where's you're f*cking prop . . err I mean kid? #IgNori #Norphan #WorstMotherEver #BesidesKrisIMean"
"I feel bad for North #ignori, Baby is not a photo-op. Must b nice 2 pay sitters to watch child except for when it's convenient."
"How come Kim is never with her daughter #ignori."
This is not the first time that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's parenting skills are put under fire. They were also dissed for gifting diamond earrings on her first birthday and having her ears pierced so early. While other cultures will not think this is a big deal, it is on the United States.
Kim Kardashian may want to raise Baby North independent and capable though. According to her interview with Mail Online at an event in Cannes, France, "I'm really fun and playful, but I'm really strict on nap time, and sleeping in her own crib," she says.
Kim Kardashian also told Radar Online how important she thinks it is to have time for herself so that she can avoid a balanced life
She shared, "I make sure I do take time for myself: I have lunches with my girlfriends, and do things that are important. Sometimes I see a lot of my friends just get taken over by their kids and their life, and that's great, but if you don't spend a little bit of time - whether it's two hours a day, or one day a week to visit with your friends ... it really helps a lot."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border