Kim Kardashian, Kanye Draw Flak Allowing Baby North to Fly Alone Across the Country
By Annie Dee | June 23, 2014 4:45 PM EST
After being criticized for piercing their baby daughter's ears too young, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are now being criticized for letting their just-turned a year old daughter, North West fly across the country on her own or at least, without her parents by her side!
TV personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West arrive at a fashion designer workshop in Paris May 21, 2014. U.S. television personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West will celebrate their wedding in Florence on May 24, an official from the mayor's office confirmed on Friday. REUTERS/Gonzalo Fuentes
TMZ first reported that Kim Kardashian allowed her 1-year old to fly from NYC to LA. However, she did not fly with any of her parents. Even though she flew first class, she was only with a host of nannies, an assistant, a nurse, and a security guard. The closest thing to a family member she had with her was Kanye's aunt. After flying without her parents, she was whisked off the plane by Delta personnel and brought home through a Porsche Panamera waiting for her on the tarmac.
Kanye West reportedly flew to Miama from France while Kim went to France from New York. As such, Baby North needed to fly to LA alone. This decision to let her fly alone does not sit well for the public. According to Hollywood Life, Baby North should not have been allowed to board that plane because it can be "extremely dangerous for such a small baby to by flying without her parents"
The interesting thing here is that according to Hollywood Life, both Kim and Khloe flew into LAX othe very same day so it would made more sense if North just waited for either of them to fly with one of them.
While Baby North arrived at Los Angeles safe and sound, this says a lot about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's parenting skills and their obvious priority for their careers and personal affairs. Hollywood Life added that "their child and her safety should always come before" all these.
This also caught the ire of Twitter critics, who made up various nicknames for baby Nori following the incident such as "Norphan" and "Ignori". Other tweets criticizing Kim and Kanye and reported by Jade African are:
"Where's you're f*cking prop . . err I mean kid? #IgNori #Norphan #WorstMotherEver #BesidesKrisIMean"
"I feel bad for North #ignori, Baby is not a photo-op. Must b nice 2 pay sitters to watch child except for when it's convenient."
"How come Kim is never with her daughter #ignori."
This is not the first time that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's parenting skills are put under fire. They were also dissed for gifting diamond earrings on her first birthday and having her ears pierced so early. While other cultures will not think this is a big deal, it is on the United States.
Kim Kardashian may want to raise Baby North independent and capable though. According to her interview with Mail Online at an event in Cannes, France, "I'm really fun and playful, but I'm really strict on nap time, and sleeping in her own crib," she says.
Kim Kardashian also told Radar Online how important she thinks it is to have time for herself so that she can avoid a balanced life
She shared, "I make sure I do take time for myself: I have lunches with my girlfriends, and do things that are important. Sometimes I see a lot of my friends just get taken over by their kids and their life, and that's great, but if you don't spend a little bit of time - whether it's two hours a day, or one day a week to visit with your friends ... it really helps a lot."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]