Australian Survey: Weather, Lifestyle Blamed For Queensland's ‘Oversexed' Population
By Reissa Su | June 23, 2014 4:04 PM EST
Queenslanders have been named the "most oversexed" in the 2014 Great Australian Sex Census. The survey cited Australians in Queensland were found to be the most reckless and "willing" when it comes to sex.
A couple hold hands as they walk through downtown Sydney with their shopping from Australian department store retailer Myer, March 6, 2014. REUTERS/Jason Reed
The latest sex survey showed more Queenslanders lose their virginity when drunk. Majority of the 17,000 respondents said they preferred pornography over their partners. More people in Queensland said they are more likely to answer a "booty call" and revealed they have engaged in a "threesome."
According to Ruth Simons, Gold Coast sex therapist and psychologist, the weather should be blamed for Queensland's "oversexed" population. In a report by Courier Mail, Simons said the weather in Queensland and people's lifestyle can "naturally lead to people dressing and behaving more provocatively."
She added alcohol as a big part of Australian culture in Queensland. Simons believed alcohol influence can result in "highly sexualized behavior."
In the sex census, nearly a third of the Queensland population admitted to having sex during their first date. For Australians involved in relationships, one-third said they were more turned on by watching porn rather than being intimate with their partners.
Queenslanders were found to be the youngest group in Australia to lose their virginity with 40 percent already having sex before turning 16 while 7 percent confess doing threesomes, including sending sexually explicit text messages.
The survey revealed women are more likely to send naked images of themselves at 52.2 percent while 25.5 percent initiate booty calls. Some male Queenslanders or 3 percent were more likely to answer the booty call.
Thirty-nine percent of men in Queensland also admitted to cheating on their partners. The men were also more likely to forgive their partners if they were caught cheating. According to the survey, most Australian men prefer brunettes than blondes at 48 percent. Only 24.4 percent liked dating blonde-haired women.
The 2014 Great Australian Sex Census results appeared on redhotpie.com.au and the survey was conducted by dating site Elite Singles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report