Australian Survey: Weather, Lifestyle Blamed For Queensland's ‘Oversexed' Population
By Reissa Su | June 23, 2014 4:04 PM EST
Queenslanders have been named the "most oversexed" in the 2014 Great Australian Sex Census. The survey cited Australians in Queensland were found to be the most reckless and "willing" when it comes to sex.
A couple hold hands as they walk through downtown Sydney with their shopping from Australian department store retailer Myer, March 6, 2014. REUTERS/Jason Reed
The latest sex survey showed more Queenslanders lose their virginity when drunk. Majority of the 17,000 respondents said they preferred pornography over their partners. More people in Queensland said they are more likely to answer a "booty call" and revealed they have engaged in a "threesome."
According to Ruth Simons, Gold Coast sex therapist and psychologist, the weather should be blamed for Queensland's "oversexed" population. In a report by Courier Mail, Simons said the weather in Queensland and people's lifestyle can "naturally lead to people dressing and behaving more provocatively."
She added alcohol as a big part of Australian culture in Queensland. Simons believed alcohol influence can result in "highly sexualized behavior."
In the sex census, nearly a third of the Queensland population admitted to having sex during their first date. For Australians involved in relationships, one-third said they were more turned on by watching porn rather than being intimate with their partners.
Queenslanders were found to be the youngest group in Australia to lose their virginity with 40 percent already having sex before turning 16 while 7 percent confess doing threesomes, including sending sexually explicit text messages.
The survey revealed women are more likely to send naked images of themselves at 52.2 percent while 25.5 percent initiate booty calls. Some male Queenslanders or 3 percent were more likely to answer the booty call.
Thirty-nine percent of men in Queensland also admitted to cheating on their partners. The men were also more likely to forgive their partners if they were caught cheating. According to the survey, most Australian men prefer brunettes than blondes at 48 percent. Only 24.4 percent liked dating blonde-haired women.
The 2014 Great Australian Sex Census results appeared on redhotpie.com.au and the survey was conducted by dating site Elite Singles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- 'Watch the MH17 Plane Missile Hit Video Tape in Mobile' Goes Viral on Facebook
- Australia Ranks High in Human Development Index But Scores Low in Climate Change
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar