Australian Survey: Weather, Lifestyle Blamed For Queensland's ‘Oversexed' Population
By Reissa Su | June 23, 2014 4:04 PM EST
Queenslanders have been named the "most oversexed" in the 2014 Great Australian Sex Census. The survey cited Australians in Queensland were found to be the most reckless and "willing" when it comes to sex.
A couple hold hands as they walk through downtown Sydney with their shopping from Australian department store retailer Myer, March 6, 2014. REUTERS/Jason Reed
The latest sex survey showed more Queenslanders lose their virginity when drunk. Majority of the 17,000 respondents said they preferred pornography over their partners. More people in Queensland said they are more likely to answer a "booty call" and revealed they have engaged in a "threesome."
According to Ruth Simons, Gold Coast sex therapist and psychologist, the weather should be blamed for Queensland's "oversexed" population. In a report by Courier Mail, Simons said the weather in Queensland and people's lifestyle can "naturally lead to people dressing and behaving more provocatively."
She added alcohol as a big part of Australian culture in Queensland. Simons believed alcohol influence can result in "highly sexualized behavior."
In the sex census, nearly a third of the Queensland population admitted to having sex during their first date. For Australians involved in relationships, one-third said they were more turned on by watching porn rather than being intimate with their partners.
Queenslanders were found to be the youngest group in Australia to lose their virginity with 40 percent already having sex before turning 16 while 7 percent confess doing threesomes, including sending sexually explicit text messages.
The survey revealed women are more likely to send naked images of themselves at 52.2 percent while 25.5 percent initiate booty calls. Some male Queenslanders or 3 percent were more likely to answer the booty call.
Thirty-nine percent of men in Queensland also admitted to cheating on their partners. The men were also more likely to forgive their partners if they were caught cheating. According to the survey, most Australian men prefer brunettes than blondes at 48 percent. Only 24.4 percent liked dating blonde-haired women.
The 2014 Great Australian Sex Census results appeared on redhotpie.com.au and the survey was conducted by dating site Elite Singles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28