Australian Survey: Weather, Lifestyle Blamed For Queensland's ‘Oversexed' Population
By Reissa Su | June 23, 2014 4:04 PM EST
Queenslanders have been named the "most oversexed" in the 2014 Great Australian Sex Census. The survey cited Australians in Queensland were found to be the most reckless and "willing" when it comes to sex.
A couple hold hands as they walk through downtown Sydney with their shopping from Australian department store retailer Myer, March 6, 2014. REUTERS/Jason Reed
The latest sex survey showed more Queenslanders lose their virginity when drunk. Majority of the 17,000 respondents said they preferred pornography over their partners. More people in Queensland said they are more likely to answer a "booty call" and revealed they have engaged in a "threesome."
According to Ruth Simons, Gold Coast sex therapist and psychologist, the weather should be blamed for Queensland's "oversexed" population. In a report by Courier Mail, Simons said the weather in Queensland and people's lifestyle can "naturally lead to people dressing and behaving more provocatively."
She added alcohol as a big part of Australian culture in Queensland. Simons believed alcohol influence can result in "highly sexualized behavior."
In the sex census, nearly a third of the Queensland population admitted to having sex during their first date. For Australians involved in relationships, one-third said they were more turned on by watching porn rather than being intimate with their partners.
Queenslanders were found to be the youngest group in Australia to lose their virginity with 40 percent already having sex before turning 16 while 7 percent confess doing threesomes, including sending sexually explicit text messages.
The survey revealed women are more likely to send naked images of themselves at 52.2 percent while 25.5 percent initiate booty calls. Some male Queenslanders or 3 percent were more likely to answer the booty call.
Thirty-nine percent of men in Queensland also admitted to cheating on their partners. The men were also more likely to forgive their partners if they were caught cheating. According to the survey, most Australian men prefer brunettes than blondes at 48 percent. Only 24.4 percent liked dating blonde-haired women.
The 2014 Great Australian Sex Census results appeared on redhotpie.com.au and the survey was conducted by dating site Elite Singles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- Prince Harry Reunites With Cressida Bonas On ‘Sex Tape’ Date Amid Dating Camilla Thurlow Reports
- Modern Forensic Science Reveals Evidence Of Brutal Killing Of King Richard III
- Avril Lavigne And Husband Chad Kroeger Call It Quits
- Racist Note Stereotyping Asian Drivers Left on Parked Car in NSW Sparks Online Outrage
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best