Australian Survey: Weather, Lifestyle Blamed For Queensland's ‘Oversexed' Population
By Reissa Su | June 23, 2014 4:04 PM EST
Queenslanders have been named the "most oversexed" in the 2014 Great Australian Sex Census. The survey cited Australians in Queensland were found to be the most reckless and "willing" when it comes to sex.
A couple hold hands as they walk through downtown Sydney with their shopping from Australian department store retailer Myer, March 6, 2014. REUTERS/Jason Reed
The latest sex survey showed more Queenslanders lose their virginity when drunk. Majority of the 17,000 respondents said they preferred pornography over their partners. More people in Queensland said they are more likely to answer a "booty call" and revealed they have engaged in a "threesome."
According to Ruth Simons, Gold Coast sex therapist and psychologist, the weather should be blamed for Queensland's "oversexed" population. In a report by Courier Mail, Simons said the weather in Queensland and people's lifestyle can "naturally lead to people dressing and behaving more provocatively."
She added alcohol as a big part of Australian culture in Queensland. Simons believed alcohol influence can result in "highly sexualized behavior."
In the sex census, nearly a third of the Queensland population admitted to having sex during their first date. For Australians involved in relationships, one-third said they were more turned on by watching porn rather than being intimate with their partners.
Queenslanders were found to be the youngest group in Australia to lose their virginity with 40 percent already having sex before turning 16 while 7 percent confess doing threesomes, including sending sexually explicit text messages.
The survey revealed women are more likely to send naked images of themselves at 52.2 percent while 25.5 percent initiate booty calls. Some male Queenslanders or 3 percent were more likely to answer the booty call.
Thirty-nine percent of men in Queensland also admitted to cheating on their partners. The men were also more likely to forgive their partners if they were caught cheating. According to the survey, most Australian men prefer brunettes than blondes at 48 percent. Only 24.4 percent liked dating blonde-haired women.
The 2014 Great Australian Sex Census results appeared on redhotpie.com.au and the survey was conducted by dating site Elite Singles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Reportedly Prohibits Camilla Parker-Bowles From ‘Seeing Her Family’ And Newborn
- Ebola in US: Stock Surge for Pharmaceutical Companies Working on Vaccine
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy: Duchess Forced By The Queen To Be Out In The Public Again
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks