Kate Upton a “Curse” to Justin Verlander’s Career
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 23, 2014 3:59 PM EST
Kate Upton is the one to blame for Detroit Tigers' star player Justin Verlander's recent struggles, according to new report.
The 2014 season hasn't been very good for Verlander. Reportedly, he is not as nearly effective as his performance during the 2013 season. Verlander's strikeouts per innings are down from 9.2 in the last five years to 6.4 in 2014. He is just not pitching as solid as he used to.
Actress and model Kate Upton poses for photographers as she arrives for the UK Gala screening of The Other Woman in London April 2, 2014.
Some people might attribute Verlander's struggles to a possible hidden injury but Jonathan Lehman of the New York Post thinks otherwise. He said that Verlander's poor performance could be the result of dating the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model.
"What if the problem has nothing to do with his right arm and everything to do with the buxom blonde on his arm?"
Lehman wrote that Upton is the reason why Verlander is not performing well in the current season. He even used other athletes whom Upton had dated previously like Mark Sanchez and Blake Griffin, who didn't do so well while allegedly dating Upton.
"Call it the Kate Upton effect. In addition to Verlander, the supermodel's 'victims' may include former Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez and NBA All-Star Blake Griffin."
Lehman wrote that Sanchez's career nosedived when the quarterback was rumoured to have hooked up with Upton back in 2011. The same holds true for Griffin, who allegedly played the "worst of his four NBA seasons" while dating Upton in 2013.
Meanwhile, Verlander is well aware that he is not at his best but optimistic that he can get back on track. He didn't relate his struggles at all with his relationship with Upton. "I knew my game was somewhere underneath the bad habits I had collected," Verlander told Detroit Free Press. Verlander said that every athlete, at one point in his or her life, experiences a plummet in career. He said that the only thing he needs to do is to "fight to get back to doing things the right way."
Verlander further stated that it would take time for him to completely get back to his game. "What you're looking for is some encouragement and you could see improvement in what we're trying to do get my mechanics back to what they were before."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet