Kate Upton a “Curse” to Justin Verlander’s Career
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 23, 2014 3:59 PM EST
Kate Upton is the one to blame for Detroit Tigers' star player Justin Verlander's recent struggles, according to new report.
The 2014 season hasn't been very good for Verlander. Reportedly, he is not as nearly effective as his performance during the 2013 season. Verlander's strikeouts per innings are down from 9.2 in the last five years to 6.4 in 2014. He is just not pitching as solid as he used to.
Actress and model Kate Upton poses for photographers as she arrives for the UK Gala screening of The Other Woman in London April 2, 2014.
Some people might attribute Verlander's struggles to a possible hidden injury but Jonathan Lehman of the New York Post thinks otherwise. He said that Verlander's poor performance could be the result of dating the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model.
"What if the problem has nothing to do with his right arm and everything to do with the buxom blonde on his arm?"
Lehman wrote that Upton is the reason why Verlander is not performing well in the current season. He even used other athletes whom Upton had dated previously like Mark Sanchez and Blake Griffin, who didn't do so well while allegedly dating Upton.
"Call it the Kate Upton effect. In addition to Verlander, the supermodel's 'victims' may include former Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez and NBA All-Star Blake Griffin."
Lehman wrote that Sanchez's career nosedived when the quarterback was rumoured to have hooked up with Upton back in 2011. The same holds true for Griffin, who allegedly played the "worst of his four NBA seasons" while dating Upton in 2013.
Meanwhile, Verlander is well aware that he is not at his best but optimistic that he can get back on track. He didn't relate his struggles at all with his relationship with Upton. "I knew my game was somewhere underneath the bad habits I had collected," Verlander told Detroit Free Press. Verlander said that every athlete, at one point in his or her life, experiences a plummet in career. He said that the only thing he needs to do is to "fight to get back to doing things the right way."
Verlander further stated that it would take time for him to completely get back to his game. "What you're looking for is some encouragement and you could see improvement in what we're trying to do get my mechanics back to what they were before."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Kate Upton And BF Detroit Tigers’ Justin Verlander Spotted Shopping Post Nude Photo Leak Scandal
- 2014/15 NBA Season Preview And Predictions: Los Angeles Lakers; Jeremy Lin's Breakout Campaign
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money