Bindi Irwin Tells Young Girls to Stop Wearing Revealing Clothes
By Anne Lu | June 23, 2014 3:50 PM EST
Bindi Irwin feels bad for her fellow teenagers who wear revealing clothes. The late Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin’s 15-year-old daughter has proven once more that she’s smart beyond her years, telling girls to dress their age.
Bindi has always been vocal about issues that matter, such as animal protection and conservation. But she’s not beyond talking about less serious subjects, though, such as fashion.
“I guess for me, because I wear khaki so much – waking up every day at the zoo, you just kind of grab your khaki uniform and you’re pretty much good to go – that when I get out of khaki I like to experiment and see how things go,” she told News Corp Australia.
“I suppose the last year or so really I’ve been starting to have some fun and see what I can do with makeup and wardrobe and be a little bit of a girlie girl,” she said, adding, “Finding that great line between comfort and looking semi-good is fantastic.”
Although she’s still at the experimental stage of finding her own style, there’s one thing that she will not try on.
“I’m a big advocate for young girls dressing their age,” she said. “I mean, for me, I look around at a lot of young girls that are my age and they’re always trying to dress older. Whether it’s wearing revealing clothes or hardly wearing any clothes at all, I feel really bad for them.
“It kind of has the opposite effect in some ways… it kind of does the opposite where it makes you look younger and like you’re trying too hard.”
Bindi said she wanted to impart her sage advice to other girls.
“I almost wish I could tell young girls, ‘look, in 10 years when you look back at yourself, you’ll cringe, honey, honestly.’ A lot of times I want to grab these girls and say, ‘look… in 10 years you’ll regret this. Just dress like who you are. Don’t try so hard. A pair of jeans and a t-shirt is just as gorgeous and even makes you look classier.’
“I look at adults and they say ‘when I was young I was wearing blue eye shadow’ and I’m cringing. So to be able to have that outlook on life is such a blessing and I’ve gotten that from my mum especially.
“The way I choose to dress, I want to influence other people around me, I suppose.”
Bindi also said that she prefers “a cup of tea and a good book” than cigarettes and alcohol.
Her mum Terri and her 10-year-old brother Robert will expectedly be there, but her grandfather Bob, Steve’s dad, will skip the celebration, prompting the rise of rumours of unresolved family feud.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS