Jennifer Lopez As Guest Judge On X-Factor Australia
By Tanya Diente | June 23, 2014 3:39 PM EST
Singer Jennifer Lopez (L) performs on ABC television's "Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series" in New York City's Central Park June 20, 2014.
The singer-actress is set to appear as guest judge on the "The X-Factor Australia" for three episodes of her home visit next month. It's reported her vocal expertise and judging experience from two seasons of American Idol contributed to her signing on as judge.
Aside from mentoring the contestants during the "Home Visit" section of "The X-Factor Australia," Lopez will also be assisting fellow judges Ronan Keating, Dannii Minogue, Natalie Bassingthwaighte and Redfoo shape their teams down from six to three before the start of the live performances.
According to DailyMail, a spokesman for Network Seven also confirmed Lopez's involvement on "The X-Factor Australia."
"She's appearing as one of our guest judges on "The X-Factor" as part of our Home Visit element of the show," the spokesman said, adding each year for the "Home Visit" section, "The X-Factor Australia" has numerous guest judges who help the judges narrow down the contestants and J-Lo is one of them.
Lopez signing on as a guest judge is huge and "a natural choice," since the show had also previously signed on big stars Beyoncé, Jon Bon Jovi, Kylie Minogue and Alicia Keys as guest judges.
inquisitr cited Lopez being part as a guest judge in "The X-Factor Australia" is strategically timed with the release of her eighth studio album entitled, "A.K.A."
The album was launched on June 17 with mixed reviews from Lopez's critics and fans. Roughly 40,000 copies of the new album were sold, which was far under the 500,000 that makes a gold record. Despite the slow start for "A.K.A," J-Lo claimed it is the strongest representation of her and her life.
Before her career faded, she was a huge star in late 1990s and early 2000s. She regained her career when she signed on as a judge on "American Idol" in 2011. From there on, her career skyrocketed, putting her back into the limelight and making her into the $50 million brand that she is today, according to inquisitr.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell