Jennifer Lopez As Guest Judge On X-Factor Australia
By Tanya Diente | June 23, 2014 3:39 PM EST
Singer Jennifer Lopez (L) performs on ABC television's "Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series" in New York City's Central Park June 20, 2014.
The singer-actress is set to appear as guest judge on the "The X-Factor Australia" for three episodes of her home visit next month. It's reported her vocal expertise and judging experience from two seasons of American Idol contributed to her signing on as judge.
Aside from mentoring the contestants during the "Home Visit" section of "The X-Factor Australia," Lopez will also be assisting fellow judges Ronan Keating, Dannii Minogue, Natalie Bassingthwaighte and Redfoo shape their teams down from six to three before the start of the live performances.
According to DailyMail, a spokesman for Network Seven also confirmed Lopez's involvement on "The X-Factor Australia."
"She's appearing as one of our guest judges on "The X-Factor" as part of our Home Visit element of the show," the spokesman said, adding each year for the "Home Visit" section, "The X-Factor Australia" has numerous guest judges who help the judges narrow down the contestants and J-Lo is one of them.
Lopez signing on as a guest judge is huge and "a natural choice," since the show had also previously signed on big stars Beyoncé, Jon Bon Jovi, Kylie Minogue and Alicia Keys as guest judges.
inquisitr cited Lopez being part as a guest judge in "The X-Factor Australia" is strategically timed with the release of her eighth studio album entitled, "A.K.A."
The album was launched on June 17 with mixed reviews from Lopez's critics and fans. Roughly 40,000 copies of the new album were sold, which was far under the 500,000 that makes a gold record. Despite the slow start for "A.K.A," J-Lo claimed it is the strongest representation of her and her life.
Before her career faded, she was a huge star in late 1990s and early 2000s. She regained her career when she signed on as a judge on "American Idol" in 2011. From there on, her career skyrocketed, putting her back into the limelight and making her into the $50 million brand that she is today, according to inquisitr.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports