Jennifer Lopez As Guest Judge On X-Factor Australia
By Tanya Diente | June 23, 2014 3:39 PM EST
Singer Jennifer Lopez (L) performs on ABC television's "Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series" in New York City's Central Park June 20, 2014.
The singer-actress is set to appear as guest judge on the "The X-Factor Australia" for three episodes of her home visit next month. It's reported her vocal expertise and judging experience from two seasons of American Idol contributed to her signing on as judge.
Aside from mentoring the contestants during the "Home Visit" section of "The X-Factor Australia," Lopez will also be assisting fellow judges Ronan Keating, Dannii Minogue, Natalie Bassingthwaighte and Redfoo shape their teams down from six to three before the start of the live performances.
According to DailyMail, a spokesman for Network Seven also confirmed Lopez's involvement on "The X-Factor Australia."
"She's appearing as one of our guest judges on "The X-Factor" as part of our Home Visit element of the show," the spokesman said, adding each year for the "Home Visit" section, "The X-Factor Australia" has numerous guest judges who help the judges narrow down the contestants and J-Lo is one of them.
Lopez signing on as a guest judge is huge and "a natural choice," since the show had also previously signed on big stars Beyoncé, Jon Bon Jovi, Kylie Minogue and Alicia Keys as guest judges.
inquisitr cited Lopez being part as a guest judge in "The X-Factor Australia" is strategically timed with the release of her eighth studio album entitled, "A.K.A."
The album was launched on June 17 with mixed reviews from Lopez's critics and fans. Roughly 40,000 copies of the new album were sold, which was far under the 500,000 that makes a gold record. Despite the slow start for "A.K.A," J-Lo claimed it is the strongest representation of her and her life.
Before her career faded, she was a huge star in late 1990s and early 2000s. She regained her career when she signed on as a judge on "American Idol" in 2011. From there on, her career skyrocketed, putting her back into the limelight and making her into the $50 million brand that she is today, according to inquisitr.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones