Jennifer Lopez As Guest Judge On X-Factor Australia
By Tanya Diente | June 23, 2014 3:39 PM EST
Singer Jennifer Lopez (L) performs on ABC television's "Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series" in New York City's Central Park June 20, 2014.
The singer-actress is set to appear as guest judge on the "The X-Factor Australia" for three episodes of her home visit next month. It's reported her vocal expertise and judging experience from two seasons of American Idol contributed to her signing on as judge.
Aside from mentoring the contestants during the "Home Visit" section of "The X-Factor Australia," Lopez will also be assisting fellow judges Ronan Keating, Dannii Minogue, Natalie Bassingthwaighte and Redfoo shape their teams down from six to three before the start of the live performances.
According to DailyMail, a spokesman for Network Seven also confirmed Lopez's involvement on "The X-Factor Australia."
"She's appearing as one of our guest judges on "The X-Factor" as part of our Home Visit element of the show," the spokesman said, adding each year for the "Home Visit" section, "The X-Factor Australia" has numerous guest judges who help the judges narrow down the contestants and J-Lo is one of them.
Lopez signing on as a guest judge is huge and "a natural choice," since the show had also previously signed on big stars Beyoncé, Jon Bon Jovi, Kylie Minogue and Alicia Keys as guest judges.
inquisitr cited Lopez being part as a guest judge in "The X-Factor Australia" is strategically timed with the release of her eighth studio album entitled, "A.K.A."
The album was launched on June 17 with mixed reviews from Lopez's critics and fans. Roughly 40,000 copies of the new album were sold, which was far under the 500,000 that makes a gold record. Despite the slow start for "A.K.A," J-Lo claimed it is the strongest representation of her and her life.
Before her career faded, she was a huge star in late 1990s and early 2000s. She regained her career when she signed on as a judge on "American Idol" in 2011. From there on, her career skyrocketed, putting her back into the limelight and making her into the $50 million brand that she is today, according to inquisitr.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate