Batman Spin-off Movie Update: Daniel Radcliffe As Robin
By Tanya Diente | June 23, 2014 3:36 PM EST
"Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe has claimed he would be perfect for the role of Batman's sidekick Robin in the rumoured "Batman" spin-off movie.
During a Buzzfeed Brews interview (video below), Daniel Radcliffe played a rousing game of rapid fire Q&A in which he revealed his next choice of movie character to portray.
Actor Daniel Radcliffe arrives with girlfriend Erin Darke for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
During the Q&A, Daniel Radcliffe was asked if he'd ever want to appear in another movie franchise, to which he replied yes. When asked which franchise, he said "Batman."
"If they reboot that again I'll do that too," he said. "It's happening, isn't it? With Ben Affleck. I could be Robin, I'm perfect," he declared.
Either Daniel Radcliffe was serious or just showing his British humour, MoviePilot thought he could actually be another Robin like Tim Drake and doesn't necessarily have to be Dick Grayson.
Initially, Batman's sidekick Robin was reported to make an appearance in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice." But this was before the script writing was taken over by Chris Terrio in December. According to MoviePilot, Robin might have been cut off from the script.
Fans were first introduced to Dick Grayson, a.k.a. Robin, played as a live-action hero in 1995 in "Batman Forever," where a young Chris O'Donnell portrayed the role. Then, the second, apparently also the last, was in "Batman & Robin," a 1997 film directed by Joel Schumacher (who also directed "Batman Forever") and written by Akiva Goldsman. Chris O'Donnell also reprised his role as Robin.
According to PerezHilton, fans were also hoping to see Robin played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" after the end scenes of "The Dark Knight Rises" hinted at his probable involvement as Robin. However, the "Don Jon" actor confirmed with Jay Leno on the "Tonight Show" that he has no involvement in the 2015 movie.
"I don't know. I don't think so. I don't have anything to do with that movie. I was in a movie that was the end of a trilogy that I was super proud and fortunate to be in," he said.
As for Daniel Radcliffe, as much as the Batman spin-off movie serves as a rumour for now, Batman fans still took to Twitter to express their reaction over his admission that he'd be perfect to play Robin.
Daniel Radcliffe as Robin is not the worst idea I've heard. Would make an interesting choice if they cast him.
— Shaun (@shaunnnnn) June 23, 2014
I cant see Daniel Radcliffe as any Robin. But for strange reasons i can see him as Blue Beetle. — DCU Movie Page (@dcumoviepage) June 22, 2014
Daniel Radcliffe as Robin? Can't he just go away already?
— Sarah (@juicycapoochie) June 21, 2014
Daniel Radcliffe wants to be Robin in the new Batman movies. I can sorta see him as Tim Drake. I can't see him as Dick, Jason or Damien... — Thomas Hickman (@MisterTommy_) June 21, 2014
Black hair, blue eyes, small, very fit, good actor. Daniel Radcliffe as Nightwing/Robin the Boy Wonder. Perfect casting.
— Colleen Doran (@ColleenDoran) April 24, 2013
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- AC/DC Angus Young and Brian Johnson on Troubled Drummer Phil Rudd’s Future With Them, Continuing Music Without Malcolm Young [VIDEO]
- After Estee Lauder, Kendal Jenner Now Bags Karl Lagerfeld Campaign In Less Than A Week
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced