Batman Spin-off Movie Update: Daniel Radcliffe As Robin
By Tanya Diente | June 23, 2014 3:36 PM EST
"Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe has claimed he would be perfect for the role of Batman's sidekick Robin in the rumoured "Batman" spin-off movie.
During a Buzzfeed Brews interview (video below), Daniel Radcliffe played a rousing game of rapid fire Q&A in which he revealed his next choice of movie character to portray.
Actor Daniel Radcliffe arrives with girlfriend Erin Darke for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
During the Q&A, Daniel Radcliffe was asked if he'd ever want to appear in another movie franchise, to which he replied yes. When asked which franchise, he said "Batman."
"If they reboot that again I'll do that too," he said. "It's happening, isn't it? With Ben Affleck. I could be Robin, I'm perfect," he declared.
Either Daniel Radcliffe was serious or just showing his British humour, MoviePilot thought he could actually be another Robin like Tim Drake and doesn't necessarily have to be Dick Grayson.
Initially, Batman's sidekick Robin was reported to make an appearance in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice." But this was before the script writing was taken over by Chris Terrio in December. According to MoviePilot, Robin might have been cut off from the script.
Fans were first introduced to Dick Grayson, a.k.a. Robin, played as a live-action hero in 1995 in "Batman Forever," where a young Chris O'Donnell portrayed the role. Then, the second, apparently also the last, was in "Batman & Robin," a 1997 film directed by Joel Schumacher (who also directed "Batman Forever") and written by Akiva Goldsman. Chris O'Donnell also reprised his role as Robin.
According to PerezHilton, fans were also hoping to see Robin played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" after the end scenes of "The Dark Knight Rises" hinted at his probable involvement as Robin. However, the "Don Jon" actor confirmed with Jay Leno on the "Tonight Show" that he has no involvement in the 2015 movie.
"I don't know. I don't think so. I don't have anything to do with that movie. I was in a movie that was the end of a trilogy that I was super proud and fortunate to be in," he said.
As for Daniel Radcliffe, as much as the Batman spin-off movie serves as a rumour for now, Batman fans still took to Twitter to express their reaction over his admission that he'd be perfect to play Robin.
Daniel Radcliffe as Robin is not the worst idea I've heard. Would make an interesting choice if they cast him.
— Shaun (@shaunnnnn) June 23, 2014
I cant see Daniel Radcliffe as any Robin. But for strange reasons i can see him as Blue Beetle. — DCU Movie Page (@dcumoviepage) June 22, 2014
Daniel Radcliffe as Robin? Can't he just go away already?
— Sarah (@juicycapoochie) June 21, 2014
Daniel Radcliffe wants to be Robin in the new Batman movies. I can sorta see him as Tim Drake. I can't see him as Dick, Jason or Damien... — Thomas Hickman (@MisterTommy_) June 21, 2014
Black hair, blue eyes, small, very fit, good actor. Daniel Radcliffe as Nightwing/Robin the Boy Wonder. Perfect casting.
— Colleen Doran (@ColleenDoran) April 24, 2013
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2