Fifty Shades of Grey: Dakota Johnson’s Father Refuses to Watch Her Big Film- Find out Why
By jaskiran kaur | June 23, 2014 3:32 PM EST
"Fifty Shades of Grey" is actress Dakota Johnson's first big budget movie as female lead. However, actress' father Don Johnson has decided to give it a pass
While the world eagerly awaits the release of "Fifty Shades of Grey," "Miami Vice" actor told Telegraph that his daughter's movie "is not something he would go to anyway."
Dakota Johnson is playing the role of Anastasia Steele, the leading lady of the movie based on EL James bestseller erotica "Fifty Shades of Grey" and its sequels. Anastasia is a literature student who meets up with the story's hero Christian Grey during one of the interviews. Innocent Anastasia falls for the dynamic business magnate and there begins her journey of exploring the world of BDSM.
The 64-year-old actor explained in the interview why he wouldn't watch "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie.
"I probably will not see it just because it's not a movie I would see. I've never seen 'The Vampire Diaries,' I've never seen 'Twilight.' It's in a category of films that I just wouldn't be interested in."
Various media outlets inferred that his decision to avoid watching the film is probably due to its explicit content and his little girl being a part of it.
He told Telegraph's Seven Magazine that he had a "pact" with Dakota Johnson that "he would not watch her debut as a lead in a big-budget film."
The publication notes that the actor appeared "relaxed" about his daughter's role of "sexually charged" character. He said that it's all a part of "family business."
"We portray characters and this is the character that Dakota is portraying. It's difficult for people to separate who we are from the characters we portray, but not for me," told the actor to the publication.
"Fifty Shades of Grey" is viewed as Dakota Johnsons shot to fame and glory. Prior to this, the 24-year-old actor has done some small roles in films like "Crazy in Alabama," "The Social Network," and comedy TV series "Ben and Kate." "Fifty Shades of Grey" also features Jamie Dornan (Christian Grey), Rita Ora (Mia Grey), Eloise Mumford (Katherine Kavanaugh) and more. The film hits the theatres on Feb. 13, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video