Fifty Shades of Grey: Dakota Johnson’s Father Refuses to Watch Her Big Film- Find out Why
By jaskiran kaur | June 23, 2014 3:32 PM EST
"Fifty Shades of Grey" is actress Dakota Johnson's first big budget movie as female lead. However, actress' father Don Johnson has decided to give it a pass
While the world eagerly awaits the release of "Fifty Shades of Grey," "Miami Vice" actor told Telegraph that his daughter's movie "is not something he would go to anyway."
Dakota Johnson is playing the role of Anastasia Steele, the leading lady of the movie based on EL James bestseller erotica "Fifty Shades of Grey" and its sequels. Anastasia is a literature student who meets up with the story's hero Christian Grey during one of the interviews. Innocent Anastasia falls for the dynamic business magnate and there begins her journey of exploring the world of BDSM.
The 64-year-old actor explained in the interview why he wouldn't watch "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie.
"I probably will not see it just because it's not a movie I would see. I've never seen 'The Vampire Diaries,' I've never seen 'Twilight.' It's in a category of films that I just wouldn't be interested in."
Various media outlets inferred that his decision to avoid watching the film is probably due to its explicit content and his little girl being a part of it.
He told Telegraph's Seven Magazine that he had a "pact" with Dakota Johnson that "he would not watch her debut as a lead in a big-budget film."
The publication notes that the actor appeared "relaxed" about his daughter's role of "sexually charged" character. He said that it's all a part of "family business."
"We portray characters and this is the character that Dakota is portraying. It's difficult for people to separate who we are from the characters we portray, but not for me," told the actor to the publication.
"Fifty Shades of Grey" is viewed as Dakota Johnsons shot to fame and glory. Prior to this, the 24-year-old actor has done some small roles in films like "Crazy in Alabama," "The Social Network," and comedy TV series "Ben and Kate." "Fifty Shades of Grey" also features Jamie Dornan (Christian Grey), Rita Ora (Mia Grey), Eloise Mumford (Katherine Kavanaugh) and more. The film hits the theatres on Feb. 13, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]