Fifty Shades of Grey: Dakota Johnson’s Father Refuses to Watch Her Big Film- Find out Why
By jaskiran kaur | June 23, 2014 3:32 PM EST
"Fifty Shades of Grey" is actress Dakota Johnson's first big budget movie as female lead. However, actress' father Don Johnson has decided to give it a pass
While the world eagerly awaits the release of "Fifty Shades of Grey," "Miami Vice" actor told Telegraph that his daughter's movie "is not something he would go to anyway."
Dakota Johnson is playing the role of Anastasia Steele, the leading lady of the movie based on EL James bestseller erotica "Fifty Shades of Grey" and its sequels. Anastasia is a literature student who meets up with the story's hero Christian Grey during one of the interviews. Innocent Anastasia falls for the dynamic business magnate and there begins her journey of exploring the world of BDSM.
The 64-year-old actor explained in the interview why he wouldn't watch "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie.
"I probably will not see it just because it's not a movie I would see. I've never seen 'The Vampire Diaries,' I've never seen 'Twilight.' It's in a category of films that I just wouldn't be interested in."
Various media outlets inferred that his decision to avoid watching the film is probably due to its explicit content and his little girl being a part of it.
He told Telegraph's Seven Magazine that he had a "pact" with Dakota Johnson that "he would not watch her debut as a lead in a big-budget film."
The publication notes that the actor appeared "relaxed" about his daughter's role of "sexually charged" character. He said that it's all a part of "family business."
"We portray characters and this is the character that Dakota is portraying. It's difficult for people to separate who we are from the characters we portray, but not for me," told the actor to the publication.
"Fifty Shades of Grey" is viewed as Dakota Johnsons shot to fame and glory. Prior to this, the 24-year-old actor has done some small roles in films like "Crazy in Alabama," "The Social Network," and comedy TV series "Ben and Kate." "Fifty Shades of Grey" also features Jamie Dornan (Christian Grey), Rita Ora (Mia Grey), Eloise Mumford (Katherine Kavanaugh) and more. The film hits the theatres on Feb. 13, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report