Fifty Shades of Grey: Dakota Johnson’s Father Refuses to Watch Her Big Film- Find out Why
By jaskiran kaur | June 23, 2014 3:32 PM EST
"Fifty Shades of Grey" is actress Dakota Johnson's first big budget movie as female lead. However, actress' father Don Johnson has decided to give it a pass
While the world eagerly awaits the release of "Fifty Shades of Grey," "Miami Vice" actor told Telegraph that his daughter's movie "is not something he would go to anyway."
Dakota Johnson is playing the role of Anastasia Steele, the leading lady of the movie based on EL James bestseller erotica "Fifty Shades of Grey" and its sequels. Anastasia is a literature student who meets up with the story's hero Christian Grey during one of the interviews. Innocent Anastasia falls for the dynamic business magnate and there begins her journey of exploring the world of BDSM.
The 64-year-old actor explained in the interview why he wouldn't watch "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie.
"I probably will not see it just because it's not a movie I would see. I've never seen 'The Vampire Diaries,' I've never seen 'Twilight.' It's in a category of films that I just wouldn't be interested in."
Various media outlets inferred that his decision to avoid watching the film is probably due to its explicit content and his little girl being a part of it.
He told Telegraph's Seven Magazine that he had a "pact" with Dakota Johnson that "he would not watch her debut as a lead in a big-budget film."
The publication notes that the actor appeared "relaxed" about his daughter's role of "sexually charged" character. He said that it's all a part of "family business."
"We portray characters and this is the character that Dakota is portraying. It's difficult for people to separate who we are from the characters we portray, but not for me," told the actor to the publication.
"Fifty Shades of Grey" is viewed as Dakota Johnsons shot to fame and glory. Prior to this, the 24-year-old actor has done some small roles in films like "Crazy in Alabama," "The Social Network," and comedy TV series "Ben and Kate." "Fifty Shades of Grey" also features Jamie Dornan (Christian Grey), Rita Ora (Mia Grey), Eloise Mumford (Katherine Kavanaugh) and more. The film hits the theatres on Feb. 13, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown