Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 with Android 4.4.3 KitKat OmniROM Custom Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | June 23, 2014 2:23 PM EST
OmniROM for Galaxy S2
Android 4.4.3 nightly builds of OmniROM is now available and supports the second generation of Galaxy S series. Xplodwild hard work finally let Omni merged the changes to Android 4.4.3 KitKat and the rollout started since June 5. The new firmware is also available via Omni's built-in delta OTA updater.
1. Install this firmware to the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 only. Flashing the ROM to a different variant may cause unforeseen consequences.
2. Create a manually backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the device.
3. Make sure the battery level is at least 50 per cent.
4. Root the smartphone and install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod.
5. Enable USB debugging mode on the device.
6. Download and install the necessary USB drivers on the computer for Galaxy S2.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on your Galaxy S2 smartphone. Android 4.4.3 OmniROM is still under nightly stage that may contain certain bugs. Read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid issues to happen. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the OmniROM Android 4.4.3 firmware and the Google Apps zip files to the microSD card of the smartphone. Don't unzip the zip files.
3. Disconnect the smartphone from your computer and then switch the device off.
4. Reboot the Galaxy S2 into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power keys at the same time. Use the volume rockers to navigate and the power key to select options.
5. Inside the Recovery Mode, create an Android backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup." It will save a copy of the ROM which you can restore anytime.
6. Perform a complete wipe. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" then go to "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Install the OmniROM custom ROM. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the firmware > confirm installation." Do the same with the Google Apps package.
8. Once the installation has been completed, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now." It may take up to five minutes before the device reaches the home screen.
Congratulations! Your Galaxy S2 is now running Android 4.4.3 KitKat with OmniROM features and goodies.
For any bug reports or comments, send your feedback to Android Geeks official thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Sony Xperia Z3X Expectations: Snapdragon 810 64-Bit Processor, No 4K Overheating And Longer 4K Videos
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Main Customisations: Race And Class Setup, Alchemy, Grenades, Weapon And Armour Crafting
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money