Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 with Android 4.4.3 KitKat OmniROM Custom Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | June 23, 2014 2:23 PM EST
OmniROM for Galaxy S2
Android 4.4.3 nightly builds of OmniROM is now available and supports the second generation of Galaxy S series. Xplodwild hard work finally let Omni merged the changes to Android 4.4.3 KitKat and the rollout started since June 5. The new firmware is also available via Omni's built-in delta OTA updater.
1. Install this firmware to the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 only. Flashing the ROM to a different variant may cause unforeseen consequences.
2. Create a manually backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the device.
3. Make sure the battery level is at least 50 per cent.
4. Root the smartphone and install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod.
5. Enable USB debugging mode on the device.
6. Download and install the necessary USB drivers on the computer for Galaxy S2.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on your Galaxy S2 smartphone. Android 4.4.3 OmniROM is still under nightly stage that may contain certain bugs. Read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid issues to happen. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the OmniROM Android 4.4.3 firmware and the Google Apps zip files to the microSD card of the smartphone. Don't unzip the zip files.
3. Disconnect the smartphone from your computer and then switch the device off.
4. Reboot the Galaxy S2 into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power keys at the same time. Use the volume rockers to navigate and the power key to select options.
5. Inside the Recovery Mode, create an Android backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup." It will save a copy of the ROM which you can restore anytime.
6. Perform a complete wipe. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" then go to "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Install the OmniROM custom ROM. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the firmware > confirm installation." Do the same with the Google Apps package.
8. Once the installation has been completed, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now." It may take up to five minutes before the device reaches the home screen.
Congratulations! Your Galaxy S2 is now running Android 4.4.3 KitKat with OmniROM features and goodies.
For any bug reports or comments, send your feedback to Android Geeks official thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Nokia Lumia 530: Windows Phone Handset Now On Sale In The UK With £87 Price
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko