Transformers: Age of Extinction, Megan Fox and Shia LeBouf Out from Cast Members, Dinobots Back In [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 23, 2014 1:42 PM EST
Transformers fans will be in for a big treat as "Transformers: Age of Extinction" will be back on the silver screen for its supposed new trilogy.
Reporters hold umbrellas under a 21-foot tall model of the Transformers character Optimus Prime during heavy rain before the world premiere of the film "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Hong Kong June 19, 2014.
Most of the characters from the past films like Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Ratchet will be returning on the fourth installment of the movie. The original cast members Megan Fox and Shia LeBeouf are already out of the upcoming movie sequel.
Megan Fox stated her reason for her declining profile in the limelight on Design Trend. "I've never been an extraordinarily ambitious girl or career-oriented, but especially once I got pregnant with my first son and now (having) my second, it's so hard to be a working mom especially when your heart is not in your work, when your heart is with your family," the actress said.
With Megan Fox and Shia LeBeouf out from the cast members, the collaborative movie by Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg now features a new set of humans to save. The movie theme focuses on a mechanic Cade Yeager (played by Mark Wahlberg), the mechanic's daughter Tessa (played by Nicola Peltz), and her boyfriend Shane (played by Jack Reynor) who is a race car driver.
According to Breathe Cast, there will be 14 new characters to watch out in the movie, most of them non-humans. This time around, a new set of Dinobots have to watch over the whole planet which is facing annihilation from an ancient and potent new threat that has set its visions on the planet Earth.
Michael Bay stated that "Transformers: Age of Extinction" will have bolder direction in terms of characters and intertwining plots that were initially seen on the first three films. The fans are will also get to see more refined evil characters such as Lockdown.
Bay detailed how the new autobot Lockdown came to life. "Lockdown is an interesting character. He travels the galaxy, he works for somebody else. And he's here for one person, one alien, and then he's out of here. So he doesn't really want to take sides," he stated. "The cause and balance of the galaxy is kind of messed up when different species play with different species. And that opens up a whole other gigantic world for Transformers."
Screenrant mentioned that the international trailer of "Transformers: Age of Extinction" is more into the worldly aspect of the movie compared with the other three films in the past. The trailer features scenes from Cade's farmhouse in Texas and fighting scenes in Hong Kong, China.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" will be out in cinemas on June 27, 2014.
Watch the trailer of "Transformers: Age of Extinction" from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports