Transformers: Age of Extinction, Megan Fox and Shia LeBouf Out from Cast Members, Dinobots Back In [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 23, 2014 1:42 PM EST
Transformers fans will be in for a big treat as "Transformers: Age of Extinction" will be back on the silver screen for its supposed new trilogy.
Reporters hold umbrellas under a 21-foot tall model of the Transformers character Optimus Prime during heavy rain before the world premiere of the film "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Hong Kong June 19, 2014.
Most of the characters from the past films like Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Ratchet will be returning on the fourth installment of the movie. The original cast members Megan Fox and Shia LeBeouf are already out of the upcoming movie sequel.
Megan Fox stated her reason for her declining profile in the limelight on Design Trend. "I've never been an extraordinarily ambitious girl or career-oriented, but especially once I got pregnant with my first son and now (having) my second, it's so hard to be a working mom especially when your heart is not in your work, when your heart is with your family," the actress said.
With Megan Fox and Shia LeBeouf out from the cast members, the collaborative movie by Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg now features a new set of humans to save. The movie theme focuses on a mechanic Cade Yeager (played by Mark Wahlberg), the mechanic's daughter Tessa (played by Nicola Peltz), and her boyfriend Shane (played by Jack Reynor) who is a race car driver.
According to Breathe Cast, there will be 14 new characters to watch out in the movie, most of them non-humans. This time around, a new set of Dinobots have to watch over the whole planet which is facing annihilation from an ancient and potent new threat that has set its visions on the planet Earth.
Michael Bay stated that "Transformers: Age of Extinction" will have bolder direction in terms of characters and intertwining plots that were initially seen on the first three films. The fans are will also get to see more refined evil characters such as Lockdown.
Bay detailed how the new autobot Lockdown came to life. "Lockdown is an interesting character. He travels the galaxy, he works for somebody else. And he's here for one person, one alien, and then he's out of here. So he doesn't really want to take sides," he stated. "The cause and balance of the galaxy is kind of messed up when different species play with different species. And that opens up a whole other gigantic world for Transformers."
Screenrant mentioned that the international trailer of "Transformers: Age of Extinction" is more into the worldly aspect of the movie compared with the other three films in the past. The trailer features scenes from Cade's farmhouse in Texas and fighting scenes in Hong Kong, China.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" will be out in cinemas on June 27, 2014.
Watch the trailer of "Transformers: Age of Extinction" from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales