Transformers: Age of Extinction, Megan Fox and Shia LeBouf Out from Cast Members, Dinobots Back In [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 23, 2014 1:42 PM EST
Transformers fans will be in for a big treat as "Transformers: Age of Extinction" will be back on the silver screen for its supposed new trilogy.
Reporters hold umbrellas under a 21-foot tall model of the Transformers character Optimus Prime during heavy rain before the world premiere of the film "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Hong Kong June 19, 2014.
Most of the characters from the past films like Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Ratchet will be returning on the fourth installment of the movie. The original cast members Megan Fox and Shia LeBeouf are already out of the upcoming movie sequel.
Megan Fox stated her reason for her declining profile in the limelight on Design Trend. "I've never been an extraordinarily ambitious girl or career-oriented, but especially once I got pregnant with my first son and now (having) my second, it's so hard to be a working mom especially when your heart is not in your work, when your heart is with your family," the actress said.
With Megan Fox and Shia LeBeouf out from the cast members, the collaborative movie by Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg now features a new set of humans to save. The movie theme focuses on a mechanic Cade Yeager (played by Mark Wahlberg), the mechanic's daughter Tessa (played by Nicola Peltz), and her boyfriend Shane (played by Jack Reynor) who is a race car driver.
According to Breathe Cast, there will be 14 new characters to watch out in the movie, most of them non-humans. This time around, a new set of Dinobots have to watch over the whole planet which is facing annihilation from an ancient and potent new threat that has set its visions on the planet Earth.
Michael Bay stated that "Transformers: Age of Extinction" will have bolder direction in terms of characters and intertwining plots that were initially seen on the first three films. The fans are will also get to see more refined evil characters such as Lockdown.
Bay detailed how the new autobot Lockdown came to life. "Lockdown is an interesting character. He travels the galaxy, he works for somebody else. And he's here for one person, one alien, and then he's out of here. So he doesn't really want to take sides," he stated. "The cause and balance of the galaxy is kind of messed up when different species play with different species. And that opens up a whole other gigantic world for Transformers."
Screenrant mentioned that the international trailer of "Transformers: Age of Extinction" is more into the worldly aspect of the movie compared with the other three films in the past. The trailer features scenes from Cade's farmhouse in Texas and fighting scenes in Hong Kong, China.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" will be out in cinemas on June 27, 2014.
Watch the trailer of "Transformers: Age of Extinction" from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar