Firefly Rolls Out Visual Search And Buying Capabilites to Amazon Fire Phone
By Naveena Joy | June 23, 2014 1:40 PM EST
Amazon has recently initiated its first smartphone Fire Phone carrying almost all the features which can make him attractive in the market.
The most popular of the handset is Firefly, which uses the phone's built-in camera and recognizes over 100 million different objects, including DVDs, phone numbers, QR codes, CDs, URLs, games and bar codes. These can be purchased in Amazon.
An Amazon representative shows off the Firefly scanning feature on the company's new Fire smartphone at the company's campus in Seattle, Washington June 18, 2014. Amazon.com Inc's new cellphone seeks to offer shoppers instant gratification by recognizing thousands of products, television shows and songs and allowing users to immediately buy them - on the e-commerce giant's own site, of course.
The Fire Phone has a dedicated Firefly button in the lefthand side of the device. It can recognize 245,000 movies and TV episodes, along with 160 live television channels and 35 million songs from the Amazon music similar to Shazam's audio-searching features.
Not only music tracks but Firefly can also connect with other apps, including iHeartRadio to start a radio station based on the tune. It directly plugs into Shazam and Amazon music.
With respect to the TV shows and movies, Firefly will be sending the x-ray data, which integrates additional information on the TV series and characters of the show. Also, Firefly can also identify a painting and bring out the artistic information from Wikipedia.
With the help of semantic boosting and cloud computing, Fire Phone has the capabilities of visual search. The semantic boosting, in case of text, improves character recognition to recognize a phone number accurately. Also, Amazon's software ignores the not so important information and only captures those parts of the image that will matter the most. For example, Firefly can extract the text from the flyer or a banner and turn it into a black and white image.
Amazon also allows third-party developers to get into the service of creating their own applications using the visual search feature through the available new SDK.
MyFitnessPal is planning to bring in the nutritional data for food which Firefly identifies. At the same time, Vino will recognize and give the description of the wine to help users to choose the right bottle. The main point of Amazon is that Firefly is meant to attract customers to its Amazon store so that the entire world gets hold of all the products and ultimately buy them.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter