How to Upgrade Your HTC One X+ Smartphone to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS Using Avatar ROM
By Ryan Inoyori | June 23, 2014 1:26 PM EST
International variant of the HTC One X+ did not receive an official Android KitKat firmware but users can update the device to Android 4.4.2 via Avatar custom ROM. Various features are included such as themes, new launcher, font theming, customisable messaging app and more.
Avatar ROM for HTC One X+
Avatar ROM for HTC One X+ runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat and offers several features on top CyanogenMod 11.
- Theme chooser from the Play Store such as MIUI and CM
- Bazooka launcher
- Theme for Messaging app
- Boot Animation
- Themes for Font
- Lock screen themes and gestures
- Weebo app
- Layout theme
- Theme editor
1. Use this custom ROM on the HTC One X+ International model only. Installing to another model may cause unforeseen consequences.
2. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the smartphone.
3. The battery level must be at least 50 per cent to prevent any power interruption.
4. Root your HTC One X+ smartphone then install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod.
5. Enable USB debugging mode on the device found in the Settings menu.
6. Download and install the USB drivers for HTC One X+ on your computer.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on your device. Root access will void any warranty. Read and follow the instructions properly to avoid damaging the smartphone. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect the HTC One X+ to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the Avatar custom ROM and Google Apps zip files to the internal storage of the smartphone. Don't extract the zip files.
3. Disconnect the smartphone from your computer then switch it off.
4. Reboot your HTC One X+ into Recovery Mode. Use the volume keys for navigation and the power button to select an option.
5. Inside the Recovery Mode, create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup" to save a copy in the internal storage. You may restore it anytime.
6. Perform a full wipe on your device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" then go to "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Install the Avatar ROM by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the Avatar ROM > confirm installation." Apply the same method with the Google Apps package.
8. After the installation, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now." The device may take up to five minutes before reaching the home screen.
Well done! Your HTC One X+ is now running Android 4.4.2 KitKat based on Avatar custom firmware. If you have any issues, send your reports to Avatar custom ROM official XDA forum thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0