How to Upgrade Your HTC One X+ Smartphone to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS Using Avatar ROM
By Ryan Inoyori | June 23, 2014 1:26 PM EST
International variant of the HTC One X+ did not receive an official Android KitKat firmware but users can update the device to Android 4.4.2 via Avatar custom ROM. Various features are included such as themes, new launcher, font theming, customisable messaging app and more.
Avatar ROM for HTC One X+
Avatar ROM for HTC One X+ runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat and offers several features on top CyanogenMod 11.
- Theme chooser from the Play Store such as MIUI and CM
- Bazooka launcher
- Theme for Messaging app
- Boot Animation
- Themes for Font
- Lock screen themes and gestures
- Weebo app
- Layout theme
- Theme editor
1. Use this custom ROM on the HTC One X+ International model only. Installing to another model may cause unforeseen consequences.
2. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the smartphone.
3. The battery level must be at least 50 per cent to prevent any power interruption.
4. Root your HTC One X+ smartphone then install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod.
5. Enable USB debugging mode on the device found in the Settings menu.
6. Download and install the USB drivers for HTC One X+ on your computer.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on your device. Root access will void any warranty. Read and follow the instructions properly to avoid damaging the smartphone. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect the HTC One X+ to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the Avatar custom ROM and Google Apps zip files to the internal storage of the smartphone. Don't extract the zip files.
3. Disconnect the smartphone from your computer then switch it off.
4. Reboot your HTC One X+ into Recovery Mode. Use the volume keys for navigation and the power button to select an option.
5. Inside the Recovery Mode, create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup" to save a copy in the internal storage. You may restore it anytime.
6. Perform a full wipe on your device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" then go to "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Install the Avatar ROM by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the Avatar ROM > confirm installation." Apply the same method with the Google Apps package.
8. After the installation, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now." The device may take up to five minutes before reaching the home screen.
Well done! Your HTC One X+ is now running Android 4.4.2 KitKat based on Avatar custom firmware. If you have any issues, send your reports to Avatar custom ROM official XDA forum thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- More PS4. 2.0 Firmware Update Details; PlayStation Plus November Lineup Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’