How to Upgrade Your HTC One X+ Smartphone to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS Using Avatar ROM
By Ryan Inoyori | June 23, 2014 1:26 PM EST
International variant of the HTC One X+ did not receive an official Android KitKat firmware but users can update the device to Android 4.4.2 via Avatar custom ROM. Various features are included such as themes, new launcher, font theming, customisable messaging app and more.
Avatar ROM for HTC One X+
Avatar ROM for HTC One X+ runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat and offers several features on top CyanogenMod 11.
- Theme chooser from the Play Store such as MIUI and CM
- Bazooka launcher
- Theme for Messaging app
- Boot Animation
- Themes for Font
- Lock screen themes and gestures
- Weebo app
- Layout theme
- Theme editor
1. Use this custom ROM on the HTC One X+ International model only. Installing to another model may cause unforeseen consequences.
2. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the smartphone.
3. The battery level must be at least 50 per cent to prevent any power interruption.
4. Root your HTC One X+ smartphone then install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod.
5. Enable USB debugging mode on the device found in the Settings menu.
6. Download and install the USB drivers for HTC One X+ on your computer.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on your device. Root access will void any warranty. Read and follow the instructions properly to avoid damaging the smartphone. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect the HTC One X+ to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the Avatar custom ROM and Google Apps zip files to the internal storage of the smartphone. Don't extract the zip files.
3. Disconnect the smartphone from your computer then switch it off.
4. Reboot your HTC One X+ into Recovery Mode. Use the volume keys for navigation and the power button to select an option.
5. Inside the Recovery Mode, create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup" to save a copy in the internal storage. You may restore it anytime.
6. Perform a full wipe on your device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" then go to "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Install the Avatar ROM by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the Avatar ROM > confirm installation." Apply the same method with the Google Apps package.
8. After the installation, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now." The device may take up to five minutes before reaching the home screen.
Well done! Your HTC One X+ is now running Android 4.4.2 KitKat based on Avatar custom firmware. If you have any issues, send your reports to Avatar custom ROM official XDA forum thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools