How to Upgrade Your HTC One X+ Smartphone to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS Using Avatar ROM
By Ryan Inoyori | June 23, 2014 1:26 PM EST
International variant of the HTC One X+ did not receive an official Android KitKat firmware but users can update the device to Android 4.4.2 via Avatar custom ROM. Various features are included such as themes, new launcher, font theming, customisable messaging app and more.
Avatar ROM for HTC One X+
Avatar ROM for HTC One X+ runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat and offers several features on top CyanogenMod 11.
- Theme chooser from the Play Store such as MIUI and CM
- Bazooka launcher
- Theme for Messaging app
- Boot Animation
- Themes for Font
- Lock screen themes and gestures
- Weebo app
- Layout theme
- Theme editor
1. Use this custom ROM on the HTC One X+ International model only. Installing to another model may cause unforeseen consequences.
2. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the smartphone.
3. The battery level must be at least 50 per cent to prevent any power interruption.
4. Root your HTC One X+ smartphone then install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod.
5. Enable USB debugging mode on the device found in the Settings menu.
6. Download and install the USB drivers for HTC One X+ on your computer.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on your device. Root access will void any warranty. Read and follow the instructions properly to avoid damaging the smartphone. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect the HTC One X+ to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the Avatar custom ROM and Google Apps zip files to the internal storage of the smartphone. Don't extract the zip files.
3. Disconnect the smartphone from your computer then switch it off.
4. Reboot your HTC One X+ into Recovery Mode. Use the volume keys for navigation and the power button to select an option.
5. Inside the Recovery Mode, create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM. Select "backup and restore > backup" to save a copy in the internal storage. You may restore it anytime.
6. Perform a full wipe on your device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" then go to "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Install the Avatar ROM by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the Avatar ROM > confirm installation." Apply the same method with the Google Apps package.
8. After the installation, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now." The device may take up to five minutes before reaching the home screen.
Well done! Your HTC One X+ is now running Android 4.4.2 KitKat based on Avatar custom firmware. If you have any issues, send your reports to Avatar custom ROM official XDA forum thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales