ABCs About Amazon Smartphone
By Naveena Joy | June 23, 2014 1:16 PM EST
Several reports have suggested Amazon is unveiling its first own smartphone. If this is true, the company will soon release its exclusive smartphone.
BGR initially published the images of the handset, according to reports. Although the physical device is not worth-looking, the phone's software is quite interesting as it will be running a heavily customized version of the Android operating system. It will include a user interface with 3D effects and feature different motion gestures to use the phone by moving the smartphone.
An Amazon representative shows off the company's new Fire smartphone at the company's campus in Seattle, Washington June 18, 2014. Amazon.com Inc's new cellphone seeks to offer shoppers instant gratification by recognizing thousands of products, television shows and songs and allowing users to immediately buy them - on the e-commerce giant's own site, of course.
These two important features are enabled by internal sensors and include four front-facing infrared cameras that automatically track the user's position to fit into the phone screen. Also, the phone will also include a feature that will mechanically digitize text in pictures of signs and in other printed materials. This feature is helpful to the user as it will allow translating text into any different language or saving any information on a business card to a new contact that has been added recently.
The phone will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon processor which has 2 GB RAM and 4.7-inch wide display with 720p. The BGR also reported Amazon's phone may gain the popularity through a plan called as the "Prime Data."
Although it is unclear as to what the plan is all about but speculations counter that Prime Data allow users to stream Prime videos and music not related to the monthly data plan. It has been confirmed by the company that smartphone will be an AT&T exclusively in the U.S.
The pricing of the phone remains a mystery but it cannot afford to shoot up the price initially if the company is competing with the top brands like Apple and Samsung in the market. It would require to show its presence in the market through vast marketing and strong distribution plans. It is rumored to launch in September along with Apple's next generation iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert