ABCs About Amazon Smartphone
By Naveena Joy | June 23, 2014 1:16 PM EST
Several reports have suggested Amazon is unveiling its first own smartphone. If this is true, the company will soon release its exclusive smartphone.
BGR initially published the images of the handset, according to reports. Although the physical device is not worth-looking, the phone's software is quite interesting as it will be running a heavily customized version of the Android operating system. It will include a user interface with 3D effects and feature different motion gestures to use the phone by moving the smartphone.
An Amazon representative shows off the company's new Fire smartphone at the company's campus in Seattle, Washington June 18, 2014. Amazon.com Inc's new cellphone seeks to offer shoppers instant gratification by recognizing thousands of products, television shows and songs and allowing users to immediately buy them - on the e-commerce giant's own site, of course.
These two important features are enabled by internal sensors and include four front-facing infrared cameras that automatically track the user's position to fit into the phone screen. Also, the phone will also include a feature that will mechanically digitize text in pictures of signs and in other printed materials. This feature is helpful to the user as it will allow translating text into any different language or saving any information on a business card to a new contact that has been added recently.
The phone will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon processor which has 2 GB RAM and 4.7-inch wide display with 720p. The BGR also reported Amazon's phone may gain the popularity through a plan called as the "Prime Data."
Although it is unclear as to what the plan is all about but speculations counter that Prime Data allow users to stream Prime videos and music not related to the monthly data plan. It has been confirmed by the company that smartphone will be an AT&T exclusively in the U.S.
The pricing of the phone remains a mystery but it cannot afford to shoot up the price initially if the company is competing with the top brands like Apple and Samsung in the market. It would require to show its presence in the market through vast marketing and strong distribution plans. It is rumored to launch in September along with Apple's next generation iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James