ABCs About Amazon Smartphone
By Naveena Joy | June 23, 2014 1:16 PM EST
Several reports have suggested Amazon is unveiling its first own smartphone. If this is true, the company will soon release its exclusive smartphone.
BGR initially published the images of the handset, according to reports. Although the physical device is not worth-looking, the phone's software is quite interesting as it will be running a heavily customized version of the Android operating system. It will include a user interface with 3D effects and feature different motion gestures to use the phone by moving the smartphone.
An Amazon representative shows off the company's new Fire smartphone at the company's campus in Seattle, Washington June 18, 2014. Amazon.com Inc's new cellphone seeks to offer shoppers instant gratification by recognizing thousands of products, television shows and songs and allowing users to immediately buy them - on the e-commerce giant's own site, of course.
These two important features are enabled by internal sensors and include four front-facing infrared cameras that automatically track the user's position to fit into the phone screen. Also, the phone will also include a feature that will mechanically digitize text in pictures of signs and in other printed materials. This feature is helpful to the user as it will allow translating text into any different language or saving any information on a business card to a new contact that has been added recently.
The phone will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon processor which has 2 GB RAM and 4.7-inch wide display with 720p. The BGR also reported Amazon's phone may gain the popularity through a plan called as the "Prime Data."
Although it is unclear as to what the plan is all about but speculations counter that Prime Data allow users to stream Prime videos and music not related to the monthly data plan. It has been confirmed by the company that smartphone will be an AT&T exclusively in the U.S.
The pricing of the phone remains a mystery but it cannot afford to shoot up the price initially if the company is competing with the top brands like Apple and Samsung in the market. It would require to show its presence in the market through vast marketing and strong distribution plans. It is rumored to launch in September along with Apple's next generation iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- More PS4. 2.0 Firmware Update Details; PlayStation Plus November Lineup Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’