ABCs About Amazon Smartphone
By Naveena Joy | June 23, 2014 1:16 PM EST
Several reports have suggested Amazon is unveiling its first own smartphone. If this is true, the company will soon release its exclusive smartphone.
BGR initially published the images of the handset, according to reports. Although the physical device is not worth-looking, the phone's software is quite interesting as it will be running a heavily customized version of the Android operating system. It will include a user interface with 3D effects and feature different motion gestures to use the phone by moving the smartphone.
An Amazon representative shows off the company's new Fire smartphone at the company's campus in Seattle, Washington June 18, 2014. Amazon.com Inc's new cellphone seeks to offer shoppers instant gratification by recognizing thousands of products, television shows and songs and allowing users to immediately buy them - on the e-commerce giant's own site, of course.
These two important features are enabled by internal sensors and include four front-facing infrared cameras that automatically track the user's position to fit into the phone screen. Also, the phone will also include a feature that will mechanically digitize text in pictures of signs and in other printed materials. This feature is helpful to the user as it will allow translating text into any different language or saving any information on a business card to a new contact that has been added recently.
The phone will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon processor which has 2 GB RAM and 4.7-inch wide display with 720p. The BGR also reported Amazon's phone may gain the popularity through a plan called as the "Prime Data."
Although it is unclear as to what the plan is all about but speculations counter that Prime Data allow users to stream Prime videos and music not related to the monthly data plan. It has been confirmed by the company that smartphone will be an AT&T exclusively in the U.S.
The pricing of the phone remains a mystery but it cannot afford to shoot up the price initially if the company is competing with the top brands like Apple and Samsung in the market. It would require to show its presence in the market through vast marketing and strong distribution plans. It is rumored to launch in September along with Apple's next generation iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- RiAus TV: Australia’s First Science Channel Launched
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics