HTC Desire 816 vs. Nexus 5 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 23, 2014 12:51 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC Desire 816 or the Nexus 5, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The HTC Desire 816 comes with a 5.5-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The Nexus 5 comes with a 4.95-inch True HD IPS+ capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
The Nexus 5 is the clear winner in this category with its 445 ppi pixel display density compared to the 267 ppi display density on the HTC Desire 816.
The HTC Desire 816 comes with 156.6 x 78.7 x 8 mm dimensions and weighs 165 grams. The Nexus 5 comes with 137.9 x 69.2 x 8.6 mm dimensions and weighs 130 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC Desire 816 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nexus 5 is equipped with a 2.3 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system. The HTC Desire 816 has 1.5 GB of RAM and the Nexus 5 has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of the computing power the Nexus 5 again has a clear edge over the Desire 816.
The HTC Desire 816 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The Nexus 5 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus, optical image stabilization and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The HTC Desire 816 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G. The Nexus 5 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC Desire 816 Dual Sim is priced at around AU $379.95. The Nexus 5 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $429.95 and the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $489.95 in Australia.
LG G3 vs. HTC One M8 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best