Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. LG G Flex Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 23, 2014 11:42 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy S5 or the LG G Flex, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Customers attend a workshop about the Samsung Galaxy S5 in Jakarta, April 11, 2014. REUTERS/Beawiharta
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The LG G Flex comes with a 6-inch curved P-OLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The Galaxy S5 is a clear winner in this category rendering a 432 ppi pixel display density compared to the 245 ppi pixel density on the G Flex.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm dimensions and weighs 145 grams. The LG G Flex comes with 160.5 x 81.6 x 8.7 mm dimensions and weighs 177 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G Flex is equipped with a 2.26 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and the LG G Flex runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system. Both the devices have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of sheer computing power there isn't a lot of difference between the two devices.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 16 MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The LG G Flex sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours. The LG G Flex comes with a non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 15 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $699.95 and the LG G Flex 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $499.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- Minecraft: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang Makers of Minecraft Today
- iPhone 6 Released: The 5 Biggest and Best Smartphones Of 2014: Their Best Features And Price Comparisons
- Xbox One News: Playable Games In Browser And Possible ‘Gears of War’ Exclusivity Reported
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown