Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. LG G Flex Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 23, 2014 11:42 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy S5 or the LG G Flex, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Customers attend a workshop about the Samsung Galaxy S5 in Jakarta, April 11, 2014. REUTERS/Beawiharta
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The LG G Flex comes with a 6-inch curved P-OLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The Galaxy S5 is a clear winner in this category rendering a 432 ppi pixel display density compared to the 245 ppi pixel density on the G Flex.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm dimensions and weighs 145 grams. The LG G Flex comes with 160.5 x 81.6 x 8.7 mm dimensions and weighs 177 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G Flex is equipped with a 2.26 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and the LG G Flex runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system. Both the devices have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of sheer computing power there isn't a lot of difference between the two devices.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 16 MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The LG G Flex sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours. The LG G Flex comes with a non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 15 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $699.95 and the LG G Flex 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $499.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar