Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. LG G Flex Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 23, 2014 11:42 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy S5 or the LG G Flex, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Customers attend a workshop about the Samsung Galaxy S5 in Jakarta, April 11, 2014. REUTERS/Beawiharta
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The LG G Flex comes with a 6-inch curved P-OLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The Galaxy S5 is a clear winner in this category rendering a 432 ppi pixel display density compared to the 245 ppi pixel density on the G Flex.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm dimensions and weighs 145 grams. The LG G Flex comes with 160.5 x 81.6 x 8.7 mm dimensions and weighs 177 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G Flex is equipped with a 2.26 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and the LG G Flex runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system. Both the devices have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of sheer computing power there isn't a lot of difference between the two devices.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 16 MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The LG G Flex sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours. The LG G Flex comes with a non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 15 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $699.95 and the LG G Flex 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $499.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans