Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. LG G Flex Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 23, 2014 11:42 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy S5 or the LG G Flex, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Customers attend a workshop about the Samsung Galaxy S5 in Jakarta, April 11, 2014. REUTERS/Beawiharta
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The LG G Flex comes with a 6-inch curved P-OLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The Galaxy S5 is a clear winner in this category rendering a 432 ppi pixel display density compared to the 245 ppi pixel density on the G Flex.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm dimensions and weighs 145 grams. The LG G Flex comes with 160.5 x 81.6 x 8.7 mm dimensions and weighs 177 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G Flex is equipped with a 2.26 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and the LG G Flex runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system. Both the devices have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of sheer computing power there isn't a lot of difference between the two devices.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 16 MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The LG G Flex sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours. The LG G Flex comes with a non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 15 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $699.95 and the LG G Flex 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $499.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Android 5.0 L Update Forecast For Sony Xperia Z Series, Mid-Range and Low-Cost Devices
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble