Ant-Man Costume And Villain Revealed
By Tanya Diente | June 23, 2014 11:38 AM EST
A new report has surfaced on various websites revealing the villain in "Ant-Man" and details on the costume Ant-Man will be wearing.
Actor Michael Douglas walks on stage at the American Film Institute's 42nd Life Achievement Award at the Dolby theatre in Hollywood, California June 5, 2014. Actress Jane Fonda was honoured with the award.
To start, here's what fans know of the movie "Ant-Man" so far from Marvel's official synopsis:
"Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas), protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world."
Now a report from JoBlo has revealed more details about "Ant-Man" from reliable sources.
According to JoBlo, new details about "Ant-Man" come from two separate and reliable sources who recently attended a Disney media event that showed concept art, storyboards, and rough animation. The event also revealed few new details about "Ant-Man."
JoBlo's sources said the story of "Ant-Man" starts with Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) being a single dad. Now this is where the official synopsis connects.
The new spectacular Ant-Man suit that Paul Rudd's character Scott Lang is trying to protect is actually not his. Being a single dad Scott has fallen into hard times and resorts to becoming a thief. One day he breaks into Hank Pym's apartment and steals the Ant-Man suit. Now both Scott (Ant-Man) and Lang must work together to save the world.
JoBlo's sources also said the main villain in "Ant-Man" is named Darren Cross. In the comics, Darren runs Cross Technological Enterprises, a company that competes against Stark Industries and Oscorp.
Darren Cross' cousin is also a villain known as Crossfire. Crossfire will wear a costume with a similar feel to Ant-Man's but more military style. The costume is yellow and black, with a tendril-looking apparatus coming off its back. According to Collider, Crossfire's costume is different in the comics where it is more like a pink Hunk.
Ant-Man's suit on the other hand, according to JoBlo's sources will be much more elaborate. The helmet is able to open and close much like Iron Man's suit. Ant-Man's suit will also have the "TRON-style" effect with its assortment of red lights surrounding the suit. The helmet eyes will also glow red when closed.
JoBlo's sources concluded that ants will be the main ally and source of superpower for Ant-Man. Scott Lang will speak to these insects via his helmet, similar to the comics, and this is said to be the special element to the overall story.
According to mstarz, when released "Ant-Man" will be the first movie in the Phase Three of Marvel's Cinematic Universe after "Avengers: Age of Ultron" in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build