The Fault in Our Stars Ansel Elgort Explains Relationship with Shailene Woodley; Talks About Trust and Honesty [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 23, 2014 11:34 AM EST
Fans who continue to ship "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFIOS) actors Ansel Elgort and Shailene Woodley are finally given a chance to hear what the rumoured couple has to say about their relationship in recorded interviews.
Actress Shailene Woodley greets actor Ansel Elgort on the red carpet at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Ansel Elgort Goes Shirtless, Admits He Doesn’t Want to ‘Just Be An Actor Forever’
Divergent Series Author Veronica Roth Explains New Book; Talks About Tris and Four Romance [WATCH VIDEO]
The 20-year-old actor has previously addressed the rumours that he and Woodley are dating, which appear to have shot up after the release of the movie adaptation of John Green's best-selling novel, saying that he and Woodley love each other but only as friends.
In a recent interview with HeyUGuys, Elgort and Woodley were asked about their preparations for their roles in "The Fault in Our Stars," starting off with the "chemistry" the rumoured couple undeniably has, an explanation of the real relationship between the two "TFIOS" stars and ending with talks about the actors' future projects.
"We're comfortable with each other. We trust each other. It was good . . . we're pretty honest with each other and we're both pretty honest with ourselves," Ansel Elgort revealed.
"When we made this movie, there were times when, like, we don't always agree on stuff ... and that made the relationship all more real," the "TFIOS" actor explained.
However, despite the "trust and honesty" that the music lover, tap-dancer and young actor has mentioned, he has always been quick to clarify that what is between him and Woodley is all friendship.
"Real friendship is what we have," Elgort told HeyUGuys, which appears to be the right answer since the actor is said to have a girlfriend named Violetta Komyshan whom he met at LaGuardia High School where he went to study.
Shailene Woodley had let her co-star do all the talking when it comes to explaining the chemistry that they have, which according to Ansel Elgort "is already there" even before they started to shoot for "The Fault in Our Stars." However, in a separate interview with another media outlet, the 22-year-old actress was able to talk about the said chemistry.
"We instantly connected, and before Fault even came around for him, we struck up a really close friendship and instantaneously became very brother-sister," Woodley told The Daily Beast.
"In real life, I look at him with such admiration and such love, and when you apply that to the rules and regulations of what it is to be in love with somebody, the natural chemistry is able to exist," the "TFIOS" star explained.
Woodley and Elgort have first starred together in the movie adaptation of Veronica Roth's novel, "Divergent," wherein the two were cast as brother and sister. Both actors are set to reprise their roles in the "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent," reportedly set for a March 20, 2015 release.
WATCH: HeyUGuys Interview with Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date