Best and Worst Dressed at the Pre-Wimbledon Party
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 23, 2014 10:51 AM EST
The stars of the World Tennis Association (WTA) stole the show at the dazzling party ahead of the Wimbledon tournament. The event was held on June 19 at business mogul Richard Branson's Kensington Roof Gardens home in London. The female tennis stars all made sure to dress up and style themselves trendily.
Maria Sharapova of Russia celebrates after winning her women's singles final match against Simona Halep of Romania at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
Maria Sharapova flaunted her long toned legs in a white dress with see-through slanting hemline on the shoulders. Sharapova, who ranks fifth in the world, had her hair pinned back sideways. She also donned a red strap high heels and a red clutch bag.
The Williams' sisters were also in attendance. Serena looked elegant in a knee-length Burberry trench coat, while her older sister Venus effortlessly sported a glittery emerald dress.
Serbian athlete Ana Ivanovic, who was recently named one of Maxim's Hot 100 Women of 2014, came in a long black, white, and orange gown. Fellow Serbian Jelena Jankovic donned a burgundy outfit.
Rising tennis star 20-year-old Canadian Eugenie Bouchard wowed the crowd with her simple baby blue dress displaying her finely-toned physique. Among those who also wowed the crowd include Slovakian athlete Daniela Hantuchova. She looked stunning sexy in a figure-hugging white mini dress.
Second-ranked female athlete in Great Britain, Laura Robson, also attended the event even though she has already confirmed that she will not be participating in the said tournament. Robson is still recuperating from a wrist injury. She looked pretty in a light-blue dress sporting an odd decoration on her injured left wrist.
After being on a three-month long injury, eight-ranked Victoria Azarenka also graced the event in a black and white outfit. Meanwhile, China's Li Na sported an outfit from Gucci's 2014 Spring Collection, a fuchsia top matched with baggy pants.
Dominika Cibulkova, Andre Petkovic, Sabine Lasicki, Agnieszka Radwanska, and Sorana Cirstea were also in attendance at the event.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- New Zealand Medicine Products Sector To Get Own Regulator::Drops Plan For A Joint Regulator With Australia
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills