Best and Worst Dressed at the Pre-Wimbledon Party
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 23, 2014 10:51 AM EST
The stars of the World Tennis Association (WTA) stole the show at the dazzling party ahead of the Wimbledon tournament. The event was held on June 19 at business mogul Richard Branson's Kensington Roof Gardens home in London. The female tennis stars all made sure to dress up and style themselves trendily.
Maria Sharapova of Russia celebrates after winning her women's singles final match against Simona Halep of Romania at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
Maria Sharapova flaunted her long toned legs in a white dress with see-through slanting hemline on the shoulders. Sharapova, who ranks fifth in the world, had her hair pinned back sideways. She also donned a red strap high heels and a red clutch bag.
The Williams' sisters were also in attendance. Serena looked elegant in a knee-length Burberry trench coat, while her older sister Venus effortlessly sported a glittery emerald dress.
Serbian athlete Ana Ivanovic, who was recently named one of Maxim's Hot 100 Women of 2014, came in a long black, white, and orange gown. Fellow Serbian Jelena Jankovic donned a burgundy outfit.
Rising tennis star 20-year-old Canadian Eugenie Bouchard wowed the crowd with her simple baby blue dress displaying her finely-toned physique. Among those who also wowed the crowd include Slovakian athlete Daniela Hantuchova. She looked stunning sexy in a figure-hugging white mini dress.
Second-ranked female athlete in Great Britain, Laura Robson, also attended the event even though she has already confirmed that she will not be participating in the said tournament. Robson is still recuperating from a wrist injury. She looked pretty in a light-blue dress sporting an odd decoration on her injured left wrist.
After being on a three-month long injury, eight-ranked Victoria Azarenka also graced the event in a black and white outfit. Meanwhile, China's Li Na sported an outfit from Gucci's 2014 Spring Collection, a fuchsia top matched with baggy pants.
Dominika Cibulkova, Andre Petkovic, Sabine Lasicki, Agnieszka Radwanska, and Sorana Cirstea were also in attendance at the event.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools