Best and Worst Dressed at the Pre-Wimbledon Party
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 23, 2014 10:51 AM EST
The stars of the World Tennis Association (WTA) stole the show at the dazzling party ahead of the Wimbledon tournament. The event was held on June 19 at business mogul Richard Branson's Kensington Roof Gardens home in London. The female tennis stars all made sure to dress up and style themselves trendily.
Maria Sharapova of Russia celebrates after winning her women's singles final match against Simona Halep of Romania at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
Maria Sharapova flaunted her long toned legs in a white dress with see-through slanting hemline on the shoulders. Sharapova, who ranks fifth in the world, had her hair pinned back sideways. She also donned a red strap high heels and a red clutch bag.
The Williams' sisters were also in attendance. Serena looked elegant in a knee-length Burberry trench coat, while her older sister Venus effortlessly sported a glittery emerald dress.
Serbian athlete Ana Ivanovic, who was recently named one of Maxim's Hot 100 Women of 2014, came in a long black, white, and orange gown. Fellow Serbian Jelena Jankovic donned a burgundy outfit.
Rising tennis star 20-year-old Canadian Eugenie Bouchard wowed the crowd with her simple baby blue dress displaying her finely-toned physique. Among those who also wowed the crowd include Slovakian athlete Daniela Hantuchova. She looked stunning sexy in a figure-hugging white mini dress.
Second-ranked female athlete in Great Britain, Laura Robson, also attended the event even though she has already confirmed that she will not be participating in the said tournament. Robson is still recuperating from a wrist injury. She looked pretty in a light-blue dress sporting an odd decoration on her injured left wrist.
After being on a three-month long injury, eight-ranked Victoria Azarenka also graced the event in a black and white outfit. Meanwhile, China's Li Na sported an outfit from Gucci's 2014 Spring Collection, a fuchsia top matched with baggy pants.
Dominika Cibulkova, Andre Petkovic, Sabine Lasicki, Agnieszka Radwanska, and Sorana Cirstea were also in attendance at the event.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How