Best and Worst Dressed at the Pre-Wimbledon Party
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 23, 2014 10:51 AM EST
The stars of the World Tennis Association (WTA) stole the show at the dazzling party ahead of the Wimbledon tournament. The event was held on June 19 at business mogul Richard Branson's Kensington Roof Gardens home in London. The female tennis stars all made sure to dress up and style themselves trendily.
Maria Sharapova of Russia celebrates after winning her women's singles final match against Simona Halep of Romania at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
Maria Sharapova flaunted her long toned legs in a white dress with see-through slanting hemline on the shoulders. Sharapova, who ranks fifth in the world, had her hair pinned back sideways. She also donned a red strap high heels and a red clutch bag.
The Williams' sisters were also in attendance. Serena looked elegant in a knee-length Burberry trench coat, while her older sister Venus effortlessly sported a glittery emerald dress.
Serbian athlete Ana Ivanovic, who was recently named one of Maxim's Hot 100 Women of 2014, came in a long black, white, and orange gown. Fellow Serbian Jelena Jankovic donned a burgundy outfit.
Rising tennis star 20-year-old Canadian Eugenie Bouchard wowed the crowd with her simple baby blue dress displaying her finely-toned physique. Among those who also wowed the crowd include Slovakian athlete Daniela Hantuchova. She looked stunning sexy in a figure-hugging white mini dress.
Second-ranked female athlete in Great Britain, Laura Robson, also attended the event even though she has already confirmed that she will not be participating in the said tournament. Robson is still recuperating from a wrist injury. She looked pretty in a light-blue dress sporting an odd decoration on her injured left wrist.
After being on a three-month long injury, eight-ranked Victoria Azarenka also graced the event in a black and white outfit. Meanwhile, China's Li Na sported an outfit from Gucci's 2014 Spring Collection, a fuchsia top matched with baggy pants.
Dominika Cibulkova, Andre Petkovic, Sabine Lasicki, Agnieszka Radwanska, and Sorana Cirstea were also in attendance at the event.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design