Best and Worst Dressed at the Pre-Wimbledon Party
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 23, 2014 10:51 AM EST
The stars of the World Tennis Association (WTA) stole the show at the dazzling party ahead of the Wimbledon tournament. The event was held on June 19 at business mogul Richard Branson's Kensington Roof Gardens home in London. The female tennis stars all made sure to dress up and style themselves trendily.
Maria Sharapova of Russia celebrates after winning her women's singles final match against Simona Halep of Romania at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
Maria Sharapova flaunted her long toned legs in a white dress with see-through slanting hemline on the shoulders. Sharapova, who ranks fifth in the world, had her hair pinned back sideways. She also donned a red strap high heels and a red clutch bag.
The Williams' sisters were also in attendance. Serena looked elegant in a knee-length Burberry trench coat, while her older sister Venus effortlessly sported a glittery emerald dress.
Serbian athlete Ana Ivanovic, who was recently named one of Maxim's Hot 100 Women of 2014, came in a long black, white, and orange gown. Fellow Serbian Jelena Jankovic donned a burgundy outfit.
Rising tennis star 20-year-old Canadian Eugenie Bouchard wowed the crowd with her simple baby blue dress displaying her finely-toned physique. Among those who also wowed the crowd include Slovakian athlete Daniela Hantuchova. She looked stunning sexy in a figure-hugging white mini dress.
Second-ranked female athlete in Great Britain, Laura Robson, also attended the event even though she has already confirmed that she will not be participating in the said tournament. Robson is still recuperating from a wrist injury. She looked pretty in a light-blue dress sporting an odd decoration on her injured left wrist.
After being on a three-month long injury, eight-ranked Victoria Azarenka also graced the event in a black and white outfit. Meanwhile, China's Li Na sported an outfit from Gucci's 2014 Spring Collection, a fuchsia top matched with baggy pants.
Dominika Cibulkova, Andre Petkovic, Sabine Lasicki, Agnieszka Radwanska, and Sorana Cirstea were also in attendance at the event.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Badly Wants Mayweather vs. Pacquiao At Cowboys Stadium
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination