Minecraft Xbox 360 Skin Pack 6 Updates and a New Snapshot 14w25b and 1.7.10 Pre-Release Detailed
By Gel Galang | June 23, 2014 10:41 AM EST
"Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition: developer 4J Studios has announced quite the number of skins coming for the title, and quite a number of additions have already been teased for the Skin Pack 6.
Coders rest in the office of Mojang, a small Swedish company behind the wildly popular Minecraft video game, in Stockholm, in this January 21, 2013 file photo. A decade ago Sweden was one of the world's most taxed nations, but the government has since cut income taxes and abolished inheritance taxes. The government says the cuts as well as strong government finances have helped triple-A rated Sweden outpace much of European growth since the 2008 crisis. Swedes with jobs have seen their disposable income soar and startups like Mojang - creator of computer game Minecraft - have blossomed. But not everyone is benefiting equally. The share of people in Sweden who have less income than half the national median rose to 9 percent of the population in 2010, from 5 percent in 2004, according to the OECD. Promising no more cuts to welfare, Stefan Lofven is expected to win the September 2014 election with a centre-left coalition, ending eight years under a centre-right government. REUTERS/Ints Kalnins/Files
So far, the announced titles coming to the "Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition" Skin Pack 6 includes "Killer Instinct," "State of Decay", "Trials Fusion", "Super Time Force", and "Mirror's Edge."
"We're very happy to have partnered with the rad folks at Microsoft Studios, 4J Studios and of course, Mojang to bring some of our crazy cast of characters from 'Super Time Force' to the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft as part of the sixth skin pack," said the developer over at the official "Super Time Force" Web site.
"We hope all of you 'Minecraft' players enjoy suiting up as Shieldy Blockerson, Jef Lappard, Jean Rambois, Aimy McKillin, Commander Repeatski or even Zackasaurus."
Over at Undead Labs, the "State of Decay" skin has also been announced. "'State of Decay' is featured in Skin Pack 6, coming 'soon' (don't worry, it really is soon, not gaming-industry soon) to Minecraft for Xbox. I don't know the cost, myself. But I want it just because they went with SHARK HOODIE GUY as one of the five characters!"
Included in the teaser are the five characters coming with the Skin Pack 6. Trials Games has also teased some character skins coming for the "Trials Fusion" game on "Minecraft".
— Trials Games (@TrialsGames) June 16, 2014
For those who are itching for more screenshots, the developer has already teased a few over at the Play XBLA, including a snapshot for "Dragon Age."
All of the teasers, however, don't give a specific date or cost for the "Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition" Skin Pack 6, but the "coming soon" is very tempting.
New Snapshot 14w25b and 1.7.10 Pre-release Out
Mojang has recently released two updates for "Minecraft," specifically the 1.7.10 pre-release 4 and the latest snapshot.
The pre-release allows "Minecraft" players to upload their worlds to and enables command-blocks in the Realms. There are also a few fixes for compatibility issues in the future.
And for the latest Snapshot 14w25b, there is quite a long list of bug fixes coming in. "This snapshot contains a few months' worth of rewrites to some very important parts of the engine. It is very likely that this snapshot may be more unstable than usual, slower than usual, slightly more sentient than usual or just generally unusual," said Mojang in the latest blog post.
The long list of bug fixes can be accessed in the link above, as well as the guidelines and bug tracker report page.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Xbox One News: EA Subscription Effective for Microsoft’s Next-gen Console; Forza Horizon 2 Announces 16 More Cars
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar