iOS 8 Second Beta Rolling Out, iWatch Testing Finds Its Way to NBA’s Kobe Bryant, Multiple Versions Planned
By Gel Galang | June 23, 2014 8:32 AM EST
Many Apple users are looking forward to the iOS 8, which is set to bring in a couple of new features for Apple devices.
While the company has not yet released any recent details for the release date of the new OS, reports of a second beta version for the iOS 8 is already underway.
Apple CEO Tim Cook introduces the IOS 8 operating system during his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California
Phone Arena reports that the second beta carries a number of bug fixes, including the ability to sort apps in chronological order (as opposed to alphabetical in the iOS 8 beta 1), the removal of Safari's capabilities to redirect ads via Safari unless with permission, and support for all iPad models for the QuickType keyboard (though the iPad 2 is still not on the list).
There is also the additional "Allow Notifications" feature for individual apps, so that you can choose which apps will be allowed notifications and which ones are muted. Lastly, the Battery Usage by App feature has been added, for those who are very conscious of their iDevice's battery life.
NBA's Kobe and Other Sports Stars Doing iWatch Testing
Apple's iWatch may be farther in its progress than imagined, as a report has been making rounds on how athletes are now testing Apple's wearable device.
9 to 5 Mac reports that professional athletes hailing from NBA, NHL and MLB are being recruited to test the wearable device and expose it to the environment that athletes are used to. This is to see how its fitness capabilities will measure fare.
The named sports stars include Kobe Bryant and Dustin Brown, and a couple of teams from the mentioned industries, though it seems that the athletes are part of a non-disclosure agreement as of the moment.
While details are clearly still lacking, this new report may point to the fitness capabilities of the iWatch, and just how far Apple intends to take its wearable device in terms of health and wellness.
Most of the wearable watches set to rival Apple's iWatch have reported their own health benefits, and it may be in this area that Apple is trying to strengthen its wearable gadget before it sets the device loose in the market.
Multiple Versions of the iWatch Set for the Future?
As far as rumours about the iWatch are concerned, The Wall Street Journal also has a tidbit on Apple's gadget, reporting that there may be multiple versions of the device coming out.
The multiple versions may have been created in order to cater to the reported over 10 sensors built to track health, fitness and other data related to wellness.
Technically, there are already a lot of contenders in the scene, but there has yet to be any standout smartwatches that's enough to separate itself from the pack. However, according to the report, Apple's track record for building devices that sets the standard may be the key towards creating that one device that would make wearable gadgets as more than just a frivolous accessory.
"There are lots of gadgets in this space right now, but there's nothing great out there. There are a lot of problems to solve in this space," said Mr. Cook as quoted by The Wall Street Journal.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- Samsung Galaxy K Zoom vs. Nokia Lumia 1020 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand