Battlefield Hardline Beta’s Weapons and Gears Unlocked, Destiny Exclusivity on the PS4 and PS3 Detailed
By Gel Galang | June 23, 2014 8:28 AM EST
"Battlefield Hardline" now features a variety of unlocked weapons and gears for its beta run.
"This will let players on PC and PS4 who haven't unlocked everything in the beta yet to try out all the firearms and gadgets like the Ballistic Shield, Breaching Charge or Decoy, to fully appreciate the diversity of 'Battlefield Hardline' multiplayer," said the developer over at Battlefield Blog.
People are shown a Los Angeles street battle scene in the beta version of "Battlefield: Hardline" at the Electronic Arts (EA) World Premiere: E3 2014 Preview press conference at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California, June 9, 2014. The event takes place on the eve of the annual three-day Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) video game conference.
The developer reminds gamers that what you will see in the beta are just a sampling of the weapons, gadgets and vehicles that will debut for "Battlefield Hardline." As promised, there will be more debuting with the game on October 21.
The unlocked weapons and gadgets are accessible via the Agent/Loadout menu on Battlelog. You only need to equip the armor or gear that you want to try out and keep playing.
Those who are playing the beta of "Battlefield Hardline" on the PC will also be happy to know that Visceral Games has also started fixing and doing some changes on the beta, including some audio and netcode improvements.
The "Battlefield Hardline" beta is set to run until June 26, Thursday, so there is still time to sign up and take part in the preliminary experience. Visceral Games is also very open to feedback on the game, with the "Battlefield Hardline" forums now open for comments and suggestions on the game.
PS4 and PS3 to Get 'Destiny' Exclusives for a Year
Recently, Sony has revealed a handful of exclusive weapons, vehicles, maps and gears that will be coming for the PS4 and PS3 version of "Destiny."
But if you're an Xbox One or Xbox 360 player expecting the same timed-exclusive deal that other titles like "Call of Duty" on Microsoft's console, you may have to wait for a year to get what PS4 and PS3 players are getting.
IGN has spotted this new information via Amazon, which states that all of the PS4 and PS3 exclusive items will retain their exclusivity until "at least fall 2015." Listings on online retailers prior to any official announcements made by game developers or console makers are usually treated as rumours until confirmed, but it's interesting for this to be listed unless there is some sort of plan from the developers.
If the year-long exclusivity for "Destiny" does push through, Xbox players may be missing some sweet deals, as these include a unique co-op, a competitive map, three gears, two weapons and three ships.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales