Samsung News: Galaxy Note 4 New Feature and Gear Store Trademark Spotted, Galaxy S5 Power Saving Mode Detailed
By Gel Galang | June 23, 2014 8:14 AM EST
After a confirmation of some of the specs supposedly coming to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, another new feature has been reported to debut in the expected device.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
This new feature is supposedly not just a first for a smartphone in the industry today, but it is also rumoured to track UV rays every 500 milliseconds. The actual function of this new sensor on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is yet to be clarified by the company. According to the source, it can either be a way to track down the brightness and potential auto-adjustment or it can be part of Samsung's new movement with and improvement of the S Health app.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Saving Solution: The UPSM Manager
In line with pushing more of what the Samsung Galaxy S5 can do for its users, the South Korean company has recently released a new power saving feature that would give you more for your Galaxy S5's energy.
This means more time with your apps even when you're down to that last bit of your battery--which would be handy for emergencies or perhaps if you're looking at your last round of games.
Android Beat has spotted this new feature, dubbed as the Ultra Power Saving Mode for the Samsung Galaxy S5, and according to the source, this can easily push 30 more hours on the handset even if you only have 10% battery life.
Basically, the Ultra Power Saving Mode will disable the apps in use, but it will let you add more specified apps that you want to use while in this mode. According to the source, the feature has already been modified to include any app that you want in the UPSM manager, but this is only applicable for rooted devices.
The Geohot's Towel Root, downloaded in this link here, would allow you to gain access to the UPSM manager without throwing away your warranty.
Gear Store Coming for Samsung's Wearable-Dedicated App Store?
Samsung's wearable technology won't be left in the dust, if a spotted trademark is anything to go by.
Android Headlines reports that the "Gear Store" and the "Samsung Gear Store" have been spotted over at the United States Patent and Trademark Office, which are live trademarks to date.
Sources state that the trademarks were filed last June 16, and associated with products including flip covers, wearable computers, accessories and services for Samsung products and even software applications.
Considering that Apple is also pushing forwards its own wearable technology in the form of the much-speculated iWatch, a move on Samsung's side of the competition may be coming up, if not even expected, to ensure that it's still in the game of wearable devices.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments