Revenge Season 4 Spoilers: Emily Thorne, Jack Porter in New Love Triangle; Sunil Nayar Hopes for More Seasons
By Arlene Paredes | June 23, 2014 5:43 AM EST
"Revenge" Season 4 is still a quarter of a year away from air date on ABC. This early, hopes for an Emily Thorne (Emily VanCamp) and Jack Porter (Nick Wechsler) romance are quelled by reports of a new love triangle. Meanwhile, Revenge showrunner Sunil Nayar expressed his hope for more seasons.
Actress Emily VanCamp, who plays Emily Thorne on ABC's "Revenge," arrives at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles September 23, 2012.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on ABC's Revenge Season 3. Read at your own risk.
The death of Aiden Mathis (Barry Sloane) in the Revenge Season 3 finale was widely perceived by many Revenge fans as signal that it is time for Emily Thorne and Jack Porter to deal with their much suppressed romantic feelings. However, it seems another man is taking Emily away from Jack.
This new character is no less than Jack Porter's old friend. He "has a touch of PTSD from his military days," reports TVLine.com. The report further says this new Revenge Season 4 character "decides to make his short-term visit to the Hamptons permanent after something life-changing happens to Jack."
Revenger fans are guessing this "life-changing" event could refer to Jack's possible imprisonment following Charlotte's (Christa B. Allen) discovery that Jack was one of her kidnappers in Revenge Season 3.
In a separate TVLine report, Revenge show boss Sunil Nayar said he hopes that the Revenge series finale would happen "hopefully many years from now." Nayar brings up his wish in response to a question whether the Revenge Season 3 finale was meant to be a series finale.
"No way. We built this all because we were confident we'd get a fourth season. And by launching another story, it's like, we have to have [Revenge Season 4]," Nayar explains.
Sunil Nayar took the helm of Revenge Season 3 production from creator Mike Kelley, who stepped down after filming the second season finale of the series.
Among other things, Nayal and the Revenge creative are brainstorming on how they would establish the arcs of the next new episode: How different is James Tupper's David Clarke from the dad Emily Thorne remembers him to be? Is Henry Czerny's Conrad Grayson really dead? What is Victoria's (Madeleine Stowe) next step?
Revenge Season 3 viewers "haven't actually seen [Conrad Grayson] die," says Sunil Nayar in an Entertainment Weekly report.
Revenge Season 4 is expected to air from September or October 2014.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
'Revenge' Season 4: Emily Thorne Not Moving On, New Major Character Changes Story [SPOILERS]
Devious Maids Season 2 Episode 10 Spoilers: Marisol, Rosie, Valentina and Carmen in More Secrets and Scandals in Beverly Hills [Watch Promo Video]
Once Upon A Time Season 4 Casting Update on Elsa and Anna, Jennifer Morrison Dishes Thoughts on Emma Swan and Neal (aka Baelfire) [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2