Revenge Season 4 Spoilers: Emily Thorne, Jack Porter in New Love Triangle; Sunil Nayar Hopes for More Seasons
By Arlene Paredes | June 23, 2014 5:43 AM EST
"Revenge" Season 4 is still a quarter of a year away from air date on ABC. This early, hopes for an Emily Thorne (Emily VanCamp) and Jack Porter (Nick Wechsler) romance are quelled by reports of a new love triangle. Meanwhile, Revenge showrunner Sunil Nayar expressed his hope for more seasons.
Actress Emily VanCamp, who plays Emily Thorne on ABC's "Revenge," arrives at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles September 23, 2012.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on ABC's Revenge Season 3. Read at your own risk.
The death of Aiden Mathis (Barry Sloane) in the Revenge Season 3 finale was widely perceived by many Revenge fans as signal that it is time for Emily Thorne and Jack Porter to deal with their much suppressed romantic feelings. However, it seems another man is taking Emily away from Jack.
This new character is no less than Jack Porter's old friend. He "has a touch of PTSD from his military days," reports TVLine.com. The report further says this new Revenge Season 4 character "decides to make his short-term visit to the Hamptons permanent after something life-changing happens to Jack."
Revenger fans are guessing this "life-changing" event could refer to Jack's possible imprisonment following Charlotte's (Christa B. Allen) discovery that Jack was one of her kidnappers in Revenge Season 3.
In a separate TVLine report, Revenge show boss Sunil Nayar said he hopes that the Revenge series finale would happen "hopefully many years from now." Nayar brings up his wish in response to a question whether the Revenge Season 3 finale was meant to be a series finale.
"No way. We built this all because we were confident we'd get a fourth season. And by launching another story, it's like, we have to have [Revenge Season 4]," Nayar explains.
Sunil Nayar took the helm of Revenge Season 3 production from creator Mike Kelley, who stepped down after filming the second season finale of the series.
Among other things, Nayal and the Revenge creative are brainstorming on how they would establish the arcs of the next new episode: How different is James Tupper's David Clarke from the dad Emily Thorne remembers him to be? Is Henry Czerny's Conrad Grayson really dead? What is Victoria's (Madeleine Stowe) next step?
Revenge Season 3 viewers "haven't actually seen [Conrad Grayson] die," says Sunil Nayar in an Entertainment Weekly report.
Revenge Season 4 is expected to air from September or October 2014.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
'Revenge' Season 4: Emily Thorne Not Moving On, New Major Character Changes Story [SPOILERS]
Devious Maids Season 2 Episode 10 Spoilers: Marisol, Rosie, Valentina and Carmen in More Secrets and Scandals in Beverly Hills [Watch Promo Video]
Once Upon A Time Season 4 Casting Update on Elsa and Anna, Jennifer Morrison Dishes Thoughts on Emma Swan and Neal (aka Baelfire) [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up