Revenge Season 4 Spoilers: Emily Thorne, Jack Porter in New Love Triangle; Sunil Nayar Hopes for More Seasons
By Arlene Paredes | June 23, 2014 5:43 AM EST
"Revenge" Season 4 is still a quarter of a year away from air date on ABC. This early, hopes for an Emily Thorne (Emily VanCamp) and Jack Porter (Nick Wechsler) romance are quelled by reports of a new love triangle. Meanwhile, Revenge showrunner Sunil Nayar expressed his hope for more seasons.
Actress Emily VanCamp, who plays Emily Thorne on ABC's "Revenge," arrives at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles September 23, 2012.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on ABC's Revenge Season 3. Read at your own risk.
The death of Aiden Mathis (Barry Sloane) in the Revenge Season 3 finale was widely perceived by many Revenge fans as signal that it is time for Emily Thorne and Jack Porter to deal with their much suppressed romantic feelings. However, it seems another man is taking Emily away from Jack.
This new character is no less than Jack Porter's old friend. He "has a touch of PTSD from his military days," reports TVLine.com. The report further says this new Revenge Season 4 character "decides to make his short-term visit to the Hamptons permanent after something life-changing happens to Jack."
Revenger fans are guessing this "life-changing" event could refer to Jack's possible imprisonment following Charlotte's (Christa B. Allen) discovery that Jack was one of her kidnappers in Revenge Season 3.
In a separate TVLine report, Revenge show boss Sunil Nayar said he hopes that the Revenge series finale would happen "hopefully many years from now." Nayar brings up his wish in response to a question whether the Revenge Season 3 finale was meant to be a series finale.
"No way. We built this all because we were confident we'd get a fourth season. And by launching another story, it's like, we have to have [Revenge Season 4]," Nayar explains.
Sunil Nayar took the helm of Revenge Season 3 production from creator Mike Kelley, who stepped down after filming the second season finale of the series.
Among other things, Nayal and the Revenge creative are brainstorming on how they would establish the arcs of the next new episode: How different is James Tupper's David Clarke from the dad Emily Thorne remembers him to be? Is Henry Czerny's Conrad Grayson really dead? What is Victoria's (Madeleine Stowe) next step?
Revenge Season 3 viewers "haven't actually seen [Conrad Grayson] die," says Sunil Nayar in an Entertainment Weekly report.
Revenge Season 4 is expected to air from September or October 2014.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
'Revenge' Season 4: Emily Thorne Not Moving On, New Major Character Changes Story [SPOILERS]
Devious Maids Season 2 Episode 10 Spoilers: Marisol, Rosie, Valentina and Carmen in More Secrets and Scandals in Beverly Hills [Watch Promo Video]
Once Upon A Time Season 4 Casting Update on Elsa and Anna, Jennifer Morrison Dishes Thoughts on Emma Swan and Neal (aka Baelfire) [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown