Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S3 Android 4.4.3 Guide: June and July Release
By Precious Silva | June 22, 2014 4:15 PM EST
Samsung gets one step closer to releasing the Android 4.4.3 update to Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S3.The company reportedly plans on rolling out the firmware to Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S3 devices ahead of Galaxy S4. The S4 will receive the update around July.
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones are seen on a display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
According to a report by GSM Arena, the Samsung Galaxy S5 and S3 will be the first in line to receive Android 4.4.3 provided their performance and position in their target markets. More importantly, a leaked internal document also suggests that Samsung is making the final arrangements on the release of the latest Android mobile operating system on both the Exynos and Snapdragon versions of the S5. Roll out should be due by the end of June.
Previously, there have been a series of leaked documents hinting Samsung's work on the Galaxy S5 and the Android update. This time, the document leaked says that the Korean tech giant is near on finalizing the firmware. Usually, this also sparks the guessing game. Which network will go first with the update?
Still users, have to take leaked documents with a grain of salt. There are still some inconsistencies with the data provided. It is best to wait for Samsung's official announcement or word from subscriber's respective carriers. Another point of interest is the Android 4.4.4 update released to Nexus devices. According to reports, the update offers a significant security fix. This may prompt Samsung to look further into the fix and delay the release of the Android 4.4.3 update on its devices.
In support of the Android 4.4.3 roll out to Samsung Galaxy S4, Android Geeks reported about another leaked document saying that Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9506 or LTE-A enabled model will be receiving the update around July. There is still no information whether Galaxy S4 I9500 and I9505 will also be in line. The Android 4.4.3 update promised to be a bug-fixing firmware but Nexus devices have been plagued with errors since its release.
Google has yet to issue a comment about the updates including official announcements about its upcoming Android updates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report