G.I Joe 3 Teaser & Spoilers: Channing Tatum's Duke, Returning Characters & More Ninjas
By Lou Ramon Aguila | June 22, 2014 4:29 AM EST
G.I Joe provided moviegoers a sneak peak of what to expect in the third installment of the franchise on Friday by releasing the poster of the upcoming 2016 movie, which showcased the never-ending battle between a Government Issued soldiers and the ruthless terrorist organization Cobra.
Cast member Channing Tatum arrives for the premiere of "22 Jump Street" in New York June 4, 2014.
Paramount Pictures already announced G.I Joe III will hit the big screens in 2016, along with other sequels such as Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 2, Star Trek 3, Paranormal Activity 4: Beverley Hills and the fifth installment of the Transformers franchise.
"Meanwhile, Optimus Prime and company will be joined by another Hasbro property in that same year, with Paramount also announcing G.I. Joe 3 as part of its 2016 slate, along with several other sequels in Paranormal Activity 5, Beverly Hills Cop 4, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 2 and Star Trek 3," via Flickering Myth.
G.I Joe Retaliation grossed roughly $376 million in US and international sales, surpassing the figures earned by G.I Jose: Rise of the Cobra.
Jon Chu, the Director of Retaliation, dropped a big hint of what to expect in the upcoming sequel. He said previous characters who died in the Rise of the Cobra flick could make their comeback - including the character of Channing Tatum as Duke.
"You never know, Storm Shadow died in the first one and came back in the second one, and then other characters have died and never come back. The G.I. Joe world, the best thing about it is you never know who's coming back and who's not," said Chu during an interview with MYV.
Moreover, The third installment of the G.I Joe American Hero franchise could be filmed again in 3-D format, and the director promised it to set the bar as to giving the best movie experience.
"Chu also said the the new film (which will once again be in 3D - hopefully filmed in the format this time) will be 'next level' stuff; though I'm sure more than a few of the franchise's detractors are hoping that the new film is simply on the level, rather than below it, let alone above it," via Screen Rant.
By the way, Paramount pictures has already released the teaser poster of the film. It shows Arashikage clan insignia indicating the origin of Snake Eye and Shadow Storm. Thus, it's valid for the fans to expect more cool ninjas in G.I Joe 3.
"It's the Arashikage clan tattoo, from the GI Joe ninja clan central to the origins of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. It seems to indicate that the GI Joe movie folks may have realised that Snake Eyes is the Wolverine of the franchise," via Bleeding Cool.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand