iPhone 6 5 New Killer Specs & Features Confirmed on Release Date - Reports
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 21, 2014 10:27 PM EST
The iPhone 6 release date is fast approaching and more clues suggest that it will be a beast of a device with its upcoming killer specs and features, which was recently seen in a series of photos showcasing the dummy representation of the smartphone.
The Apple logo is pictured at a retail store in the Marina neighborhood in San Francisco, California April 23, 2014.
iPhone 6 5 New Killer Specs & Features
4.7 inches and 5.5 inches Variants
According to the photos uploaded by the Australian blogger, Sonny Dickson, the iPhone 6 will come in two sizes. A 4.7inches variant, which will replace its predecessor and a 5.5 inches variant, which will be Apple's first phablet.
Tough and Slim Build
It has been rumoured that the iPhone 6 will have Liquidmetal as the dominant material for its casing, which means that the next flagship smartphone of Apple will be virtually indestructible. Also, it has been reported that Apple is set to ditch the 3.5 mm audio jack for a Lightning universal connectivity that will cut the size of the iPhone significantly.
Although Apple dropped to mention the iPhone 6 at this year's developer's conference, it unveiled the iOS 8 at the WWDC 2014 and revealed that its upcoming device will be powered by this latest software.
A leaked screenshot, allegedly showing the iOS 8, has an icon grid five wide and six tall, which shows an app named Watch Utility. The app is presumably where the iWatch will be setup and controlled. The app is notably joined by two other new apps, CarPlay, and Healthbook, which makes sense as the iWatch is expected to have fitness tracking capabilities.
According to BGR, sapphire is confirmed as part of the iPhone 6 release date. The tech giant's sapphire manufacturing partner is said to ready to deliver volume shipments of the extra-durable coating material.
"I believe that (GT's) sapphire operations will have ample supply to cover the iWatch, the 4.7-inch iPhone and the 5.5-inch iPhone with full sapphire cover glass in 2014," analyst Matt Margolis as quoted by BGR.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy