DayZ Standalone PS4 and Xbox One Could Debut This Year, Says Dean Hall
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 21, 2014 3:45 PM EST
Fans feel that many features are still missing from "DayZ Standalone" and few in the game community want to hear about the possible console ports of the game. A recent interview with Dean Hall suggests that "DayZ Standalone" might head to PS4 and Xbox One before the year ends.
It has been almost a week since the E3 2014 came to a close and a great deal of fans around the globe are still trying to unpack all of the information given to them during the annual tradeshow.
According to a newly released interview with DayZ creator Dean Hall, there's still a chance that "DayZ Standalone" could make the jump to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this year. Hall suggested that there is a chance for DayZ making the jump to PS4 and Xbox One before the end of 2014, but the DayZ creator does not talk about any possible timelines, and technically avoids any complete confirmation of console ports. However, it is obvious that Bohemia Interactive is at least hiding the idea under its sleeves.
Interestingly, Hall's determination in the probability of console ports comes from his direct-knowledge of systems that would apparently authorise both Sony and Microsoft to compete with Valve in the Early Access space.
The Day Z maker Hall, who will retire from Bohemia Interactive in the near future to work on a Tycoon game of some kind, also proposed one or both of the console producers might already be making and thinking plans to launch their own Early Access program, disregarding whether or not DayZ ever makes the jump.
Positively, all this discussions about the possible console ports hasn't broken Bohemia Interactive's attention on the PC version of the game. Actually, except for a last-minute delay, Hall stated that the current build of "DayZ Standalone" should be publicised soon.
Unluckily, there's no change or improvement to check out just yet, but that is possible to change if or when the current build of "DayZ Standalone" hits the game's stable server branch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet