Nokia Lumia 925 vs. BlackBerry Z10 - Specs and Price Comparison
By Pavithra Rathinavel | June 21, 2014 10:31 AM EST
The BlackBerry Z10 was released in the first quarter of 2013, whereas the Nokia Lumia 925 was launched in the month of May 2013. Readers who are interested in purchasing the BlackBerry Z10 or the Nokia Lumia 925 should check out this specifications and price comparison pertaining to Australia.
A new Blackberry Z10 smartphone is displayed at a store in New York in this file photo taken March 22, 2013. BlackBerry Ltd has agreed a licensing deal with Amazon.com Inc that will let the Canadian smartphone maker offer some 240,000 Android applications from Amazon's app store on its line-up of BlackBerry 10 devices this fall. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid/Files
Display, Exterior and Size
The Nokia Lumia 925 features a 4.5 inches AMOLED display and it packs a resolution of 768 x 1,280 pixels. Whereas the BlackBerry Z10 features a relatively smaller 4.2 inches display, with the same screen resolution as the Lumia 925. The BlackBerry Z10 is capable of supporting up to 356 ppi of pixel density, which is slightly higher than the 334 ppi pixel strength of Nokia Lumia 925.
Touted as one of the best looking Nokia phones, the Lumia 925 sports an aluminium frame, which gives the phone a premium look. Also, the phone is much thinner and lighter than its predecessor, the Lumia 920. The BlackBerry Z10, meanwhile, comes with a plastic body but the handset feels solid and comfortable on the hand.
The thickness and the weight of Nokia Lumia 925 are 0.33 inches and 139 g respectively, whereas the BlackBerry Z10 is 0.35 inches thick and it weighs 138 g.
Hardware and Software
Interestingly, both the handsets are powered by a dual-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus) Krait processor, clocked at 1.5 GHz. The difference comes in the form of RAM specification. While the BlackBerry Z10 houses a solid 2 GB of RAM, the Lumia 925 comes with only a 1 GB of RAM. The Nokia Lumia 925 runs on Windows Phone 8, while the BlackBerry Z10 runs on BlackBerry 10 OS.
The BlackBerry Z10 sports an 8 MP rear-facing camera with LED Flash and a 2 MP front-facing camera unit, while the Nokia Lumia 925 comes with an 8.7 MP primary camera with Dual LED flash and a 1.2 MP secondary camera unit.
Both the handsets offer 16 GB of internal storage capacity. However, the Blackberry handset supports microSD card for expansion up to 64 GB, while the Nokia handset doesn't.
The Nokia Lumia 925 comes with a solid non-removable 2000 mAh battery unit, whereas the Blackberry Z10 comes with a user-replaceable 1800 mAh battery unit. The Nokia Lumia 925 can provide up to 12 hours of talk-time and 440 hours of stand-by time. The BlackBerry Z10, on the other hand, can provide up to 10 hours of talk-time and 312 hours of stand-by time.
Both the handsets support micro-sim type.
The BlackBerry handset comes in 2 standard shades black and white, while the Nokia Lumia 925 comes in three different shades white, black and gray.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points