Transformers: Age of Extinction Premake Features Behind the Scene Footage
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 21, 2014 6:28 AM EST
The much anticipated film "Transformers: Age of Extinction" is due to hit the theaters on June 27, 2014. Before the release of the movie, a premake video has been released. It documents the filmmaking process and includes videos shot by several bystanders during the filming of the movie.
Reporters hold umbrellas under a 21-foot tall model of the Transformers character Optimus Prime during heavy rain before the world premiere of the film "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Hong Kong June 19, 2014.
The video features a collection of snippets filmed by bystanders who were watching the production of the fourth installment of the film, "Transformers." Kevin B. Lee, a video essayist and a film critic, took the initiative to compile the videos of bystanders to create a 25-minute long premake video. Viewers can see how the film was made and how difficult scenes such as explosions, cars on flame, helicopter chases were being filmed.
The premake video opens with Lee typing the words "TR@N$F0RM3R$ THE PREMAKE." After that, the essayist is searching for clips of "Transformers 4" on Youtube to give an impression that it is an assembly of behind-the-scene footage taken by real people, not by professional cameramen.
As the footage was not easy to assemble, Lee organised the videos according to the location and date. In the video, he clicks on a video showing the Autobots, in their vehicle form, parked on Columbus Drive, Chicago. There is also another video where Optimus Prime is in his truck form. The fans can also see the propoganda wall. There are glimpses of people shooting the filming of the moving using their mobile phones.
It also features the film's production in Hong Kong where several signages exploded while people, who were part of the film, looked for safer place for cover. The premake was well-researched, and because of that it also includes the Chinese news report about the downside of the filming. "The filming affected the vendors around the tourist spot, causing them financial loss," the text says. "But most of them express their understanding and great hopes for the film."
This is not the first time Lee has created a video essay. He is the man behind the video essays, "Elements of the Essay Films," and "Who Deserves to Win the 2014 Oscar for Best Lead Actor." He is also a contributor at late Roger Ebert's website, rogerebert.com
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family