Transformers: Age of Extinction Premake Features Behind the Scene Footage
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 21, 2014 6:28 AM EST
The much anticipated film "Transformers: Age of Extinction" is due to hit the theaters on June 27, 2014. Before the release of the movie, a premake video has been released. It documents the filmmaking process and includes videos shot by several bystanders during the filming of the movie.
Reporters hold umbrellas under a 21-foot tall model of the Transformers character Optimus Prime during heavy rain before the world premiere of the film "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Hong Kong June 19, 2014.
The video features a collection of snippets filmed by bystanders who were watching the production of the fourth installment of the film, "Transformers." Kevin B. Lee, a video essayist and a film critic, took the initiative to compile the videos of bystanders to create a 25-minute long premake video. Viewers can see how the film was made and how difficult scenes such as explosions, cars on flame, helicopter chases were being filmed.
The premake video opens with Lee typing the words "TR@N$F0RM3R$ THE PREMAKE." After that, the essayist is searching for clips of "Transformers 4" on Youtube to give an impression that it is an assembly of behind-the-scene footage taken by real people, not by professional cameramen.
As the footage was not easy to assemble, Lee organised the videos according to the location and date. In the video, he clicks on a video showing the Autobots, in their vehicle form, parked on Columbus Drive, Chicago. There is also another video where Optimus Prime is in his truck form. The fans can also see the propoganda wall. There are glimpses of people shooting the filming of the moving using their mobile phones.
It also features the film's production in Hong Kong where several signages exploded while people, who were part of the film, looked for safer place for cover. The premake was well-researched, and because of that it also includes the Chinese news report about the downside of the filming. "The filming affected the vendors around the tourist spot, causing them financial loss," the text says. "But most of them express their understanding and great hopes for the film."
This is not the first time Lee has created a video essay. He is the man behind the video essays, "Elements of the Essay Films," and "Who Deserves to Win the 2014 Oscar for Best Lead Actor." He is also a contributor at late Roger Ebert's website, rogerebert.com
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS